AppBrain preparation.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
In preparation for my Evo, I created an appbrain.com act. I am loading up a few lists with games, apps and live wallpapers from the web. Gives me something to do until I get it. i:Di

I am having a lot of fun loading these lists up but I just want to make sure that when I get my Evo I will be able to easily just download the appbrain app and be able to install everything in these lists easily.

Is this a good way to load up my new toy with lots of apps real fast when I first get it?

I guess I want to make sure I am not making these lists from the web for nothing and this is a good approach. Are there any other options, sites and things we can do in preparation?

I am being careful not to load up any launcher and UI/OS altering ones until I get used to the stock UI/OS. I made a separate list for that for later i:Di

Last edited:

bobstudent3

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Once you set up a list on the Appbrain website and you get your phone, you will have to download the Appbrain app from the Market. When you log into the Appbrain app on your phone (with the same login as the website), you will have to "Manage my apps" and then sync with the website. Once you've done that, you can choose to install all of the apps you've been putting on your list via the Market.

When the Market launches, it will go through and install your apps one by one, but you will have to tap the "Install" and "Okay" buttons for as many apps as you are installing. After you've installed each app, you will have to hit the backarrow button (one of the four standard buttons on the bottom of the phone) to get to the next app.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Thanks man, that is exactly what I was wondering. What a shame I have to tell it to install one by one like that though. I wish there was a way to just sync everything in one go!

I already have over 40 apps and 20 live wall papers waiting. i:Di
Oh well at least they are all in one place I guess.

rprata

May 13, 2010
Visit site
It's a great idea what you're doing .. I did the same exact thing in preparation of receiving my Nexus One .. once I setup the phone with my Google info and played around a few min, I installed AppBrain from the Market, did as stated above (sync'd my device, and installed the apps one by one) .. made the whole thing effortless and painless.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Thanks man, that is exactly what I was wondering. What a shame I have to tell it to install one by one like that though. I wish there was a way to just sync everything in one go!

I already have over 40 apps and 20 live wall papers waiting. i:Di
Oh well at least they are all in one place I guess.

I'm a big app brain user and I love the app.

IMO it's good that you have to press the install button each and every time. During the install is where you get to see the information about what the app has permission to do. If you see for example a clock widget that has access to contacts and phone records, you can check out why and carefully read the comments to see whats up.

gburns

May 3, 2010
Visit site
love it! I enjoy surfing the apps from my laptop in my spare time to get a better feel for them. I see they updated the official app store site, but it's not much of an improvement

oron50

May 12, 2010
Visit site
Can I use the same account for all of the EVO phones I'm purchasing for my sales staff, so that they all get the same apps on their new phones?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non