AppBrain vs SD Card?

biggroc85

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I use appbrain but was wondering do i need to still save my apps to an SD card?? Or is that just redundant? And then next question is there a way to save my preferences to each app? Thanks for the help

DroidGnome

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Use an SD card. Better safe then sorry. AppBrain is cookie cutter compared to other sites out there anyways.

What site would you recommend? Most of the one's I've seen have so much advertising garbage in the middle of the page that it's difficult to read, much less find the install links.

I need one that lets me manage my apps, so that I can tag them and install later (which App brain does very well with it's category function).

As for SD card vs site.. my opinion is it's redundant, but then again if an app is removed from the market, your APK would still be there...If there was a way to quickly copy all the apks at once that I use, i'd probably download to my PC rather than the card, right now I've left them in the Appbrain cloud.

Last edited:

biggroc85

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Guys, whats an easy way or app to use to copy everything to my SD card, and also what about preferences to my apps and even my EVO can we save all those preferences such as scenes and then the preferences in the apps as well ?

jorgetech

May 11, 2010
Visit site
To thread starter, leaving something on a "cloud" is all on you but always remember the repercussions if the site goes down.

What site would you recommend? Most of the one's I've seen have so much advertising garbage in the middle of the page that it's difficult to read, much less find the install links.

I need one that lets me manage my apps, so that I can tag them and install later (which App brain does very well with it's category function).

As for SD card vs site.. my opinion is it's redundant, but then again if an app is removed from the market, your APK would still be there...If there was a way to quickly copy all the apks at once that I use, i'd probably download to my PC rather than the card, right now I've left them in the Appbrain cloud.

Try RawApps.com

It lets you build app lists so u can later get them, ask questions for the best apps, has user ratings/opinions, & has a large community of Android app users.

Also RawApps is like Netflix because it recommends apps to u.
Example: I went looking for an NES Emulator & it also recommended the SNES emulator as well when I didn't even know they had it. (I wish an N64 emulator would be possible lol :cool:)

superflush

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
Wait, you are backing up apps with an SD card?
I thought that if you got a new phone, you could just sign in and everything is there.
That's what everyone makes it seem when they praise this feature about Android.

arw01

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
It is nice to also have all your settings in the app and the data from the app backed up. The install just brings back the PROGRAM..

DroidGnome

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Wait, you are backing up apps with an SD card?
I thought that if you got a new phone, you could just sign in and everything is there.
That's what everyone makes it seem when they praise this feature about Android.

Not sure where you heard this, but it's not true. If you're using a Gmail account with full sync'ing turned on however, then all your calendar and contacts will be there (as they live in Google's cloud).

Your apps can be reinstalled by visiting the market (It remembers which apps you purchased and lets you reinstall them one-by-one)

But all of your settings for each app, or non-market apps are not stored anywhere.

If you heavily customize your phone and apps , as I do, resetting up a phone can take quite some time (days in my case while I try to remember HOW I did something)

flipfone

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
will titanium backup retain your settings for each app?

yes and you can selectivly restore them as well. awesome app. unpaid version you wil have to click yes to EVERY app you want to restore. done version doesnt prompt. and the dev updates constantly and provides awesome support.