Roms for Pandigital Star

XanaXanadu

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I was rather curious if anyone knew of a working rom for the Pandigital Star.

Update: Oopsy. Almost bricked it. I was working on multiple droids to import apps and forgot to flash before getting rid of the bloat. I returned, will get another one but I reccomend to root (at your own risk!)using Z4root or super one click, and works much more smoothly with Go Launcher Ex. Just don't distract yourself like I did.

XanaXanadu

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm sooo going to get kicked off this site. I forgot the rules. Anywho, I have seen that pandigital star flash is in the works. I can not link you because I can not find it. I have my developer kit and if you are interested I will post on how to get your very own. I have no clue how to use it.

XanaXanadu

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
However, back to the Pandigital Star. After root if you reset, just like on the Novel, which you have most likely been redirected to thousands of time to no avail, you may lose the home button. I did not lose mine until I did the factory reset. I will paste links for market download and root hard button application upon request.

XanaXanadu

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Something else only useful to some: Having another droid. I admit..with root, this is where it rocks...market..who cares, just get it, but..with root you can copy the .apk files and put them in cloud, such as dropbox through File Expert. Because some may notice that downloading is very slow and painful on their new tablet if they have an android already.

XanaXanadu

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, about the lateness, I need to get my emails alerting, anyways, after downloading the update.zip file for market, power off, power on while holding up button, scroll with up arrow, select with down, and make sure you have no other update.zip files. Its signed so should be fine. Remember to backup your original rom files, I need to as well.

XanaXanadu

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Also, on an unrelated note, there is a difference between the stars, the one I just got, which is about a hundred more now for some reason is vastly improved in the touchscreen dept.

robert_rcr

Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi, after playing around for hours with my cousin's Pandigital Star I got it rooted and running the android market. But in the process I lost the home button like so many have. I was wondering if you ever found a fix for that.

pichichi010

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I tried to root it (star) last night for hours. after I installed zroot and run the permanent root and reboot. I tried to install Super User, when i open super user it wont show any apps to grant access.. also the tablet slowed down a bunch. I lost the home button too. I just hard rest (power and volume up i think) and the home button came back. and the tablet has its regular speed. Still I would like it to get root it to run setcpu etc.

any help is greatly appreciated.

setleot

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Can I get the links if they are still available? I purchased a Pandigital Star and have serious application errors. I want to reflash the entire OS and maybe do the root/android market process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa