[HOW TO] Install USB drivers for the LG Optimus One

pattersonjr

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know of any association of the quick settings app and the 'network unavailable' situation for wifi hotspot? I read about an update in march, of 2011, which disables this functionality? Am I wrong here? My friend mentioned that his phone installed this update, and that it is necessary for his 'Android ID's'? Also was wondering, I am going to set this up for a friend of mine for using it to do his school work, was wondering this PDAnet application is 'free' for 'non secure' websites, so if this website uses https will that mean he wont be able to go to the sites he may need to go to for his school work? The service is Sprint, and I also want to know, if choosing the language of Singapore being a sprint phone (not sure why this individual had to choose Singapore) but I don't want to choose a wrong country due to this phone being a Sprint service phone. While tethering, can I use the phone to wirelessly connect to a network instead of using the data network of sprint itsself? basically, connect the phone to wifi network, then have that network tethered thru the phone to the pc with the usb cable? Is this possible? If so any tips on setting it up would be appreciated... Not sure if it defaults to the data network or what but I do know that they limit usage to between 2-5 gigabits a month and if you are over this amount of traffic you will end up paying like .01 for every so many kilobits of network usage..which is why I would like to hook it to a wifi network so this usage wont contribute to data network usage.

The PDAnet application, are there any other similar applications which will allow you to tether your usb because i find it bunk to have to actually buy the application to use it on viewing secure websites. Someone care to clarify if this is the case? If so, then maybe this phone will only be able to use a tunnel or a proxy of some sort to eliminate the 'unsecure' website, like have port 80 on my server to transfer the traffic from phone to secure website and back again? A run around for this? Thanks

pattersonjr

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Howdy,

Are there any known issues with these drivers and XP? I just got the phone and installed using the instructions without issue on my 2 vista PC's (thank you). But the app will not install on my XP stations at work (I am assuming that whatever site the app uses is being blocked by my work's firewall). I used the USB drivers and they install without issue.

But when I plug in the phone the PC does not even acknowlege the connection (but the phone charges), I tried the mass storage only but nadda

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I would think they would work on both, its possible that your firewall at work isn't allowing you to download files. Depends on your network also, if you change your settings do they remain intact the same the next time you login?

You do know that you must install both of these on both computers right? So put it on a thumb drive if you have one and make sure you have the LGAndroidDriver....exe file and the other PDAnet installation package. If you were able to get it to work on the other machines, you should be able to use it on xp also. Remember though yuo have to install the USB device drivers for the connection to the phone, and also install the PDAnet on the computer also.

I have yet to do this later on today, and I suppose I will post back how everything goes, and if I encounter any issues.
Cheers

crowkiller

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I don't seem to be able to install the drivers on my new work laptop - 64 bit Windows 7. Does anyone know if a compatible driver will be released?

albland.11

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
This was a major PITA to figure out, but doing it is pretty easy.

1. Download the LG Mobile Support Tool to your Windows computer from LG right here.
2. Install it, and while the phone is DISCONNECTED open the program.
3. Under the Options & Help menu, choose Country & Language. Set Singapore as your country, and English as your language (unless you prefer another of the listed languages. Hillbilly was not listed.)
4. Next, on the main window choose to install the USB driver, and choose LGP500 as the model number.
5. Wait while the app downloads and installs 4 or 5 separate drivers.
6. On your Optimus One, enable USB debugging and plug it in.

You now have the ADB driver, and the USB modem drivers installed. You know what to do next.
thanks. this helped.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty