HTC Scorpion???

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard/read any rumors recently about the HTC Scorpion?

I messed around with the Droid X in the stores today, and I may be in the minority but--to me, it just felt like a Motorola. It just seemed lacking in its build and felt a little cheap to me.

So I was just curious if anyone's heard anything more about the Scorpion, because if it's going to be an EVO type phone for Verizon, that may be the one to jump to from my Storm1.

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
While I agree that's definitely the case, I'm not the type that jumps to the latest greatest phone with no regard to early termination fees. I'm waiting for the most ideal phone I can imagine, which is why I was curious about the Scorpion.

If the EVO were a Verizon phone, there wouldn't even be a debate.

cjones1130

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
im in the same boat as you, got a storm 2 (only reason is b/c i ran over my storm 1 with a lawnmower and they replace it w/a 2)

im really hoping htc comes out w/a large screen phone for verizon in 2010, i got the same feeling as you when i played with X in the store yesterday, it was nice but it was just missing something. my wifes htc eris runs "smoother"

this link is a good one to watch and follow, they seem to search scorpion updates well.

HTC Scorpion Forum - Latest News and Discussion on HTC Scorpion phone

cjones1130

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
The eris most def. runs smoother than the x, sense ui is better then whatever "moded" version of motoblur the x is running. Now when its upgraded to froyo it could all change, I'm speaking of what I currently looked at. Also, the X will be hard to root b/c motorola put some BS security on it where it will lock down the phone, but there will be ways around it soon enough.

Also, front-facing cameras is just a fad and will not be the future, and hopefully HTC will rock out in a couple of months with a kick *** phone for Verizon. Thats what I'm holding out for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38