[GUIDE] Root your Kyocera Rise!

nefket

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
tried multiple times and nothing even tried running as admin i get the same message everytime mount permission denied are you root what am i doing wrong

reTLk9mr

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Augh, so frustrating. I discovered that one of the problems was that it was using my system version of adb, not the one in ./stuff, so now I can get it past "Running", but when it reboots I get "mount: permission denied". I've even just tried echoing directly into /data/local.prop.

To anyone who is rooted, can you post the contents of your /data/data/com.android.settings/a/file99? I'm curious about what that file is supposed to contain.

Also, I should note that I am trying this under Linux.

Michael Meier

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
so i downloaded one driver the 64bit driver wouldnt download. Anyway I plug my kyocera rise in the usb port on my computer and press 1 and its says please plug in device and turn usb debugging on. please i need help

Adam Jacobson

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
It's not working for me. Tells me my device will reboot in 10 seconds, have fun and press any key. I do it shuts down and nothing happens with my phone. Can you please help?

Chris Troutner

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same problem. I can't download any apps, like Barnacle Wifi Tether from the Play Store. I'm trying to follow your instructions, but I'm having some difficulty. On the phone, I go to Settings -> Apps (no choice for 'Applications') -> Running -> Google Services (No 'Google Services Framework' available), but there is no options clearing a cache or data. Is this what you meant? Can you provide more clarification?

Update: For some reason I can download apps now. All I did was turn off USB debugging and reboot the phone a couple times. I just started working. Not sure why.

Update 2: Ok, I guess the SU either didn't work, or it was rejected. After I downloaded Barnacle, it complained that it couldn't execute su. I installed terminal emulated, ran 'su' and it said it couldn't be found.

Last edited:

gizzardjr

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
after i click restore, my phone flashes on the bottom, restore started then about 2 seconds later it flashes restore stopped.. then it never reboots.any ideas?

Oscar Esquivias

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
yes i rooted my phone about a couple of months ago and everything was fine for a while even though
h I could only text and web surf sometimes but after a while it started acting up and I mistakenly went into the phone and uninstalled the phone and now it keeps saying ' unfortunately phone has stopped' what can I do to solve this problem

ZackVortex

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
yes i rooted my phone about a couple of months ago and everything was fine for a while even though
h I could only text and web surf sometimes but after a while it started acting up and I mistakenly went into the phone and uninstalled the phone and now it keeps saying ' unfortunately phone has stopped' what can I do to solve this problem

http://db.tt/GJehwiUR
Download it.
Then move to /system/app.
Set permissions. rwrr
Reboot

I love this show.

chris bourassa1

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
hey for all those out there having a hard time out there trying to root kyocera rise all you have to do is download poot http://db.tt/0HqxEURT and minstro 2 playstore run poot let it do what it does download superuser here is the thing you are now rooted just dont ever update the binary in the superuser kills the root this worked for me after two days of trying all the other methods now on to cwm

tomoreilly

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I've installed the USB driver per instructions, then execute RunMe. The Windows command shell appears as described, I select option 1, the phone prompts me and I select "Restore my data". The command shell says "If all is successful i will tell you, if not this shell will run forever. Running ..." Within 3 seconds the phone displays a toast saying "Restore starting" then "Restore ending", but no reboot. What could be wrong? Phone is Kyocera Rise model C5155, running Android 4.04.
Thanks, Tom

theregoesmyeye

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I had a problem at first but I have Bluestacks installed on my computer. I uninstalled it and then restarted the rooting process and it worked flawlessly. Thank you!

Kimberly James1

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm new to this post in thing but DOWNLOAD MINISTRO FROM THE MARKET AND POOT OFF THE WEB FROM UR DEVICE OR PC.
RUN POOT WAIT A FEW SEC. REBOOT PHONE. GOT TO SUPERUSER AND POOF! U HAVE INSTANT FLAWLESS ROOT WITH AN
UNROOT OPTION. UR Very WELCOME

Email Me FOR More Info. DTA.STATUS@GMAIL.COM

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty