Why is my available internal storage fluctuating daily between 0 and 700 MB?

A

AC Question

Why is my available internal storage fluctuating daily between 0 and 700 MB

Since yesterday my Android device's available (free) internal memory drops to 0, remains at 0 for a long period of time, suddenly rises back to its normal levels of 700 MB, and remains at 700 MB for few hours. And the cycle recommences (drops to 0, stays, rises to 700 stays).

Any idea on what is going on? How could I fix this?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why is my available internal storage fluctuating daily between 0 and 700 MB

Welcome to the forums. What device do you have? Can you include screenshots of your storage stats, please?

abc ommercial

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why is my available internal storage fluctuating daily between 0 and 700 MB

What exactly did you mean by storage stats? Accordingly I will post that screenshot.

abc ommercial

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
In the meantime I discovered what is (was) causing this fluctuation - but I still do not know why.

The fluctuation was done by Yahoo Mail app. Just a few days ago a latest version was installed. I noticed that Yahoo app data, which on an average used to be around 200-230 MB in my case, would zoom up to 1 GB. If I went via the Settings / My Applications to the yahoo app, I could see the data storage value climb up gradually to 1 GB. At that point in time, there being no more storage available, it would stop. But as a consequence my phone also stopped working as there is absolutely no available storage left for anything on the phone to operate.

After some time, yahoo would decide to release the storage and reduce back to the normal levels of 200-230 MB.

The cycle of Yahoo app capturing the storage all the way to 1 GB would restart after a short while.

So: yahoo was having a fun time - I removed it. But I still don't know why it was behaving in this manner on my phone. I use it regularly and would love to have it back on my phone - provided it does not behave erratically.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
In the meantime I discovered what is (was) causing this fluctuation - but I still do not know why.

The fluctuation was done by Yahoo Mail app. Just a few days ago a latest version was installed. I noticed that Yahoo app data, which on an average used to be around 200-230 MB in my case, would zoom up to 1 GB. If I went via the Settings / My Applications to the yahoo app, I could see the data storage value climb up gradually to 1 GB. At that point in time, there being no more storage available, it would stop. But as a consequence my phone also stopped working as there is absolutely no available storage left for anything on the phone to operate.

After some time, yahoo would decide to release the storage and reduce back to the normal levels of 200-230 MB.

The cycle of Yahoo app capturing the storage all the way to 1 GB would restart after a short while.

So: yahoo was having a fun time - I removed it. But I still don't know why it was behaving in this manner on my phone. I use it regularly and would love to have it back on my phone - provided it does not behave erratically.

It was most likely a bug in the app. Probably caching images until it couldn't anymore.

abc ommercial

Apr 15, 2016
Visit site
It was most likely a bug in the app. Probably caching images until it couldn't anymore.

Most likely it was a bug. But why only on my phone, is unclear. Anyways, I will wait for a few days before re-installing yahoo app. For the moment I am not too constrained by its absence on my phone, although I definitely want to have it back soon on my phone.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non