Thinking of getting it

SunYam

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been thinking of getting the Echo. Right now I have the HTC Arrive but still within my 30 days. My main thing is battery life, the Arrive is very good. I've seen/read reviews that said the Echo's battery life sucked.... others have said it was very good. One said they used the browser, txt, email, gaming, etc till it drained 100%. Went on to say the battery lasted a long time.

So that's my thing, does it suck as bad as some say or is it at least pretty good? I know it comes with two batteries and a charger, but not sure I want to carry the extra one around with me.

I have heard people in the past say whatever phones battery life was crap... I got the phone and I noticed battery life was no where near as bad as they claimed. So I'm hoping that's what it'll be with the Echo (if I get it).

Phonescoop said call quality was spotty, said they heard static. Another review said the calls were very clear. One reason I don't go by what reviews say. One will say something is bad another will say it's good.

Problem is since I'm only allowed one trade-in, if the Echo is crap I'm stuck with it, lol. I had an old Kyocera phone years ago and while it wasn't the best I did like it and had zero problems out of it.

jasonkc25

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I picked up my Echo on Monday, and the battery life has been great. Just remember to fully charge your battery before you start using it. This seems to calibrate the battery to the phone. If you don't do this, it will seem like your battery life is abysmal.

I have been using my Echo pretty heavily, and the battery life has been really good. Yesterday, it took me 6 hours to drain the battery from 100% to 10%. However, I surfed the web for well over an hour, listened to Pandora for over an hour, used the Jibe messaging app exclusively during that time period, all on the dual screens over wifi. I am also running an animated background. And for the last hour and a half I turned on my GPS (since I sit by a window at work) and let it locate and lock various satellites, just to see what the drain would be like. I also fiddled around with various settings and apps throughout that time period. Rarely, was it actually sitting in sleep mode.

I'm totally happy with this phone.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I picked up my Echo on Monday, and the battery life has been great. Just remember to fully charge your battery before you start using it. This seems to calibrate the battery to the phone. If you don't do this, it will seem like your battery life is abysmal.

I have been using my Echo pretty heavily, and the battery life has been really good. Yesterday, it took me 6 hours to drain the battery from 100% to 10%. However, I surfed the web for well over an hour, listened to Pandora for over an hour, used the Jibe messaging app exclusively during that time period, all on the dual screens over wifi. I am also running an animated background. And for the last hour and a half I turned on my GPS (since I sit by a window at work) and let it locate and lock various satellites, just to see what the drain would be like. I also fiddled around with various settings and apps throughout that time period. Rarely, was it actually sitting in sleep mode.

How much display on time do you get?

SunYam

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site

See that's another thing about a battery. Some people say to charge a battery before using it, others says to use it till it drains then charge it. I've had a number of people over the last few years tell me "Don't not charge the battery till it's drained enough that it shuts off the phone. Then charge it for at least 10 hours and your battery life will be great!" Even go on to say it can help to do this 2-4 times in a row.

I did pick the Echo up today and so far I really like it. Of course haven't used it much at all yet. But I've had the phone over 5-6+ hours, txting, email, updated a few apps, etc and it's still going even though the battery was very low when I got it. Figure it's about to charge it very soon tho.

Tomorrow I'll instead a few apps, such as Facebook, Twitter, etc Hopefully battery will last most of the day, I want to test out 1 battery from 100% and see how long it goes.

jasonkc25

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
How much display on time do you get?

Hard to say, probably a couple of hours between surfing the web, texting and messaging and general fiddling with the phone...but that is a very broad estimate, could be more, could be less. Sorry I can't be more specific.