how should i connect my Samsung galaxy J7 to my HD TV?

Mutatejoe

May 17, 2016
Visit site
My HD Tv has an hdmi port but my J7 does not have one.
what am i supposed to do?what kind of cable should i use?
please provide links to the product if posible

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The J7 does not support MHL (which is the adapter cable that can connect compatible devices to a TV's HDMI port via the microUSB port). Your best bet is a Chromecast.

Charles Eldredge

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The J7 does not support MHL (which is the adapter cable that can connect compatible devices to a TV's HDMI port via the microUSB port). Your best bet is a Chromecast.

With my Samsung note 2 I could enable screen mirroring and beam my mobile phone screen to my hdtv with the help of the Microsoft P3Q- 00001 plugged into the HDMI port and the usb port. No wifi needed. But my Samsung J7 2016 doesn't seem to have miracast or screen mirroring. Am i just screwed? Any suggestions for mirroring my mobile phone screen to my tv without wifi?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You probably don't have any other options, sorry! This is one of the drawbacks of phones that are more targeted for the entry-level market.

Christian C1

May 14, 2018
Visit site
With my Samsung note 2 I could enable screen mirroring and beam my mobile phone screen to my hdtv with the help of the Microsoft P3Q- 00001 plugged into the HDMI port and the usb port. No wifi needed. But my Samsung J7 2016 doesn't seem to have miracast or screen mirroring. Am i just screwed? Any suggestions for mirroring my mobile phone screen to my tv without wifi?

You can use Roku player to mirror your Samsung J7 to TV without WiFi. Roku player needs to be set up using WiFi or you can set up without WiFi.