24 hours with the 360

sekots

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
My watch arrived yesterday and I've been wearing it since. I've already decided to sell or return it.

The build quality was not what I expected. It felt light and cheap on my wrist unlike my standard steel made dumb watch. I consider the style of a watch half the reason to wear it in the first place and it does not look like a high end watch.

The software was slow and sometimes unresponsive. I found that android wear saved me very little time and effort because I had to eventually get my phone out to fully read or act on the notification.

It's a nice device but not something that justifies $250+. I think this product category is not going to be what some are hoping, however I'm open to try again after future iterations improve on what is currently available.

dwd3885

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Interesting to read your thoughts. If you expected something lifechanging in 24 hours, I don't think you understand what's really happening with Android Wear.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I really don't see this whole category taking off until arrival of:

1. week-long battery
2. detachment from phone
3. below $150 pricing

Its all for naught at this time.

sekots

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Interesting to read your thoughts. If you expected something lifechanging in 24 hours, I don't think you understand what's really happening with Android Wear.

No need to take it there. Didn't say anything close to that. Said it didn't justify the $265 I paid after tax.

sekots

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Anything in particular your considering or waiting for to replace the Moto 360?

Here's how I would sum it up: My current Guess watch cost $200 and when you look at it, pick it up, wear it, it feels like something that would cost $200. When I pick up the 360 I feel like I'm holding/wearing a toy.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I really don't see this whole category taking off until arrival of:

1. week-long battery
2. detachment from phone
3. below $150 pricing

Its all for naught at this time.

Honestly a "real" smart watch won't need a phone. It will have the SIM card and be used for internet access to a handheld flexable/foldable screen and an ear piece for audio. Anything other is just an extension accessory imo.

I already carry a phone, tablet, bluetooth ear piece, and soon a Moto 360. I would be more than happy to get rid of the phone and use the watch for the same purpose.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Here's how I would sum it up: My current Guess watch cost $200 and when you look at it, pick it up, wear it, it feels like something that would cost $200. When I pick up the 360 I feel like I'm holding/wearing a toy.

It is kewl to have an opinion and I respect yours but I wasn't really asking about that but thanks for replying.

guinnkevinr

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Week long bat isn't all too important for me but at least 2-3 days like my pebble steel. I think I'm giving up on the 360 before I even had the chance to buy it based on a lot of feedback online. Not all bad feedback but nothing justifying the cost. I had the Gwatch and that got old really quick.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
That is what I am waiting for to replace the 360. A real watch.

Ahh see I am buying it for a completely different reason and if it didn't even have the time it wouldn't even matter. I am getting it as an extension to my Moto X's active display. It drives me nuts that when I swipe away an active notification it doesn't actually dismiss the notification just the active display element. Plus the perceived build quality means nothing to me if it functions.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I mean its one of the first smartwatches out (and best looking), so you cant expect it to be perfect. I think with updates it will get better overtime. How much build quality do you expect from a watch? lol

Eventually if ones with better specs come out, Ill sell this and get those (especially with longer battery life), but this does very good justice as of right now

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I mean its one of the first smartwatches out (and best looking), so you cant expect it to be perfect. I think with updates it will get better overtime. How much build quality do you expect from a watch? lol

Eventually if ones with better specs come out, Ill sell this and get those (especially with longer battery life), but this does very good justice as of right now

I think he was hoping for something in the realm of jewelry like most high-end watches try for. I mean we have to face it this thing isn't going to inspire envy like a solid gold diamond encrusted Rolex might. If you limit your comparison to other smart type watches on most geeks then it is drop dead gorgeous.

But to be fair only about $100 is actually involved in the looks of this device. The other $150 are parts you don't see. So comparing it to other $250 watches is unfair being that those are 100% about looks because your not getting high grade movement in that price range. To get a jewelry grade smart watch your looking at an easy $400+ price tag and that is without precious metals or stones.

llamainmypocket

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
Ya, know. For certain watch enthuisiasts who have a touch of obsesive-compulsive nothing is going to size up. This isnt a toy for men that wear wrist watches. It's called androidwear. It's for tech snobs. You can buy the 150 year old gadget that's covered in glitter and valued by its weight but does nothing somewhere else.

For the rest of us, this will be akin to buying our first smartphone. The interface is going to be new and alien, It's going to be unresponsive at times. Like all computers, its going to come with its share of headaches. But once you figure it out it's going to be functional and cool.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I did the Pebble and Sony smartwatch 2, the novelty wore off in a day or two for both products. In reality nothing much gained, just redundancy.
Glad I did it though, got the smartwatch itch Completely out of my system.

My watch arrived yesterday and I've been wearing it since. I've already decided to sell or return it.

The build quality was not what I expected. It felt light and cheap on my wrist unlike my standard steel made dumb watch. I consider the style of a watch half the reason to wear it in the first place and it does not look like a high end watch.

The software was slow and sometimes unresponsive. I found that android wear saved me very little time and effort because I had to eventually get my phone out to fully read or act on the notification.

It's a nice device but not something that justifies $250+. I think this product category is not going to be what some are hoping, however I'm open to try again after future iterations improve on what is currently available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress