Cleaning Moto 360 watch band

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
My Stone Leather watch band is starting to get dirty. Any ideas on the best way to clean the band?

Was kinda wondering about that myself. So far it is pretty clean except the two loops. I guess those see the most "contact" with things.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I use saddle soap.

Posted via a beautiful Ebony backed Moto X on Verizon or the amazing Nexus 10 using the Android Central App

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
You can also try "any" leather cleaner/conditioner. All should be safe. I use 303 protectant to clean the interior of my car and it is also safe for leather surfaces (I use it on my leather seats). I don't use my leather band (I went Pebble Steel), so take my well-intentioned response with a grain of salt.

aqwesd

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
One of the characteristics of leather is that it develops a patina. The lighter the leather the more it shows. I have the black leather band on mine and it looks new and I've owned the watch since day 1. I just cleaned up some old tan cowboy boots today and though they're better, they still show the character and they're 20 years old. That's one of the things I like about leather, it usually looks better with age if cared for IMHO.

anon(5384869)

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Bringing this thread back instead of making a new one: what about the "suede" limited release dark grey leather band? Won't leather conditioners ruin the nap? I'm trying to restore the band since it's seen a few months use.

Thanks all!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1420678538912.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420678538912.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 55
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420678594099.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420678594099.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 55
  • uploadfromtaptalk1420678643026.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1420678643026.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 55

nvoll84

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Bump.

Living in Florida and wearing my watch daily since day one, it now sometimes smells from all the sweat it has absorbed. I have the limited edition light grey band as well.

Thanks.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Was kinda wondering about that myself. So far it is pretty clean except the two loops. I guess those see the most "contact" with things.

Hard to believe it is coming up on a year since I said that. I still have never cleaned my grey leather band. It developed a nice patina which looks interesting. I keep thinking it will need cleaning at some point, but that point never seems to come around.

I am very impressed with the quality of these bands.

jTxiy

Feb 5, 2016
Visit site
I have a pebble with the red suede band and I have "resurfaced" the suede easily, just by first cleaning lightly with fine grit sandpaper, then finishing with medium grit. Use small concentric circles to remove dirt and oils. This also buffs up the suede. Worked like a charm, but I splashed it with water again. I just did it again, with good results, then sprayed with a suede/leather/canvas water repellent spray. I'm waiting 4 hours to apply the second coat, then it needs to sit for 48 hours, according to instructions. You can find it in shoe or camping departments. I should have done "before" and "after" shots (when I do hubby's, I'll try to remember, if anyone is interested). Anyway, you can get full information on the net. Just search for "waterproofing suede". Good luck. *DISCLAIMER*...this wasn't mentioned at all by Pebble, which was surprising, and I found nothing on the net I hope it works.....for us both!