Is it worth upgrading

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I have the watch 5 pro classic LTE biggest one.

Is it worth upgrading to the 6 classic 47 LTE for $149. That's with the leather band also.

Seeing a few posts about battery being bad. Is it getting better, any other issues. Honest opinions are welcome.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I asked about this the other day cause my husband was going to do the same except he's getting BT and Rakuten had 15% cash back. Most say battery is bad but he charges every day anyway. The other thing is the titanium but if you love the bezel look than they say do it if the price is good. We did it I am getting the 6 40mm for like 50 bucks his 47mm classic came today. Several say no and some same yes but we did it to have the latest and the price good.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I asked about this the other day cause my husband was going to do the same except he's getting BT and Rakuten had 15% cash back. Most say battery is bad but he charges every day anyway. The other thing is the titanium but if you love the bezel look than they say do it if the price is good. We did it I am getting the 6 40mm for like 50 bucks his 47mm classic came today. Several say no and some same yes but we did it to have the latest and the price good.
The price is pretty good that's why I was looking into it. It's a tough one, I don't want to go back to the watch 4 battery ordeal either. I only get 2 days of the 5 pro.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
I say no. I "upgraded" from the 5Pro BT. All I gained was the bezel imo. I charge every night. I'm happy with the 6C. Don't get me wrong, I love it. I just don't feel like it's a real upgrade for my personal use. The 6C LOOKS better and fits me better though.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
To clarify on battery. I charge during dinner, so I go to bed at 100. I have AOD on from about 8am to 6pm with a 45 min walk and some texting. Right now, I'm at 44%. 7:46pm CST.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
To clarify on battery. I charge during dinner, so I go to bed at 100. I have AOD on from about 8am to 6pm with a 45 min walk and some texting. Right now, I'm at 44%. 7:46pm CST.
Yeah that reminds me of the watch 4 battery life. I started at 4:30 this morning and at 8:08 tonight I have 65% left on the 5pro. That's 15 1/2 hours with the AOD on.

You're only at 10 hours

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yeah that reminds me of the watch 4 battery life. I started at 4:30 this morning and at 8:08 tonight I have 65% left on the 5pro. That's 15 1/2 hours with the AOD on.

You're only at 10 hours
I get 3 days from my 5 Pro (I could hit 4 before WearOS 4), and hated my 4 classic because I couldn't be sure it would make it through a day.

It sounds like you wouldn't be able to cope with downgrading to the 6 Classic if you only get 2 days on the 5 Pro. I've voiced my displeasure with the 6 not really being an upgrade a few times... I went from a Galaxy Watch to a Watch 3 classic, Watch 4 Classic and Watch 5 Pro. I still have the 3,4 and 5, so I thingk it's safe to say I like these watches. But I flat refuse to give Samsung money for old rope.

Reactions: notforhire

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I get 3 days from my 5 Pro (I could hit 4 before WearOS 4), and hated my 4 classic because I couldn't be sure it would make it through a day.

It sounds like you wouldn't be able to cope with downgrading to the 6 Classic if you only get 2 days on the 5 Pro. I've voiced my displeasure with the 6 not really being an upgrade a few times... I went from a Galaxy Watch to a Watch 3 classic, Watch 4 Classic and Watch 5 Pro. I still have the 3,4 and 5, so I thingk it's safe to say I like these watches. But I flat refuse to give Samsung money for old rope.
I haven't even compared any differences between 5 and 6 yet. If it's anything like normal upgrades I'm guessing it's minimal and losing battery power is probably a deal breaker for any minimal upgrade. I was just thinking $150 was a cheap upgrade if it was worth it. My brother bought the smaller 6 and he's not happy with the battery life.

I hear you on liking the watch. I've had all Samsung watches including the one with the camera on it, which the camera was a gimmick at Best, .

Reactions: notforhire

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I haven't even compared any differences between 5 and 6 yet. If it's anything like normal upgrades I'm guessing it's minimal and losing battery power is probably a deal breaker for any minimal upgrade. I was just thinking $150 was a cheap upgrade if it was worth it. My brother bought the smaller 6 and he's not happy with the battery life.

I hear you on liking the watch. I've had all Samsung watches including the one with the camera on it, which the camera was a gimmick at Best, .
They overclocked the processor a bit (it's not new), added a bit more RAM and increased the screen size a tiny bit. But they kept the battery from the non-pro 5 series, which ended up giving less battery than the regular 5 and frankly embarrassing battery compared to the 5 Pro.

Honestly, I would have liked a 6 Pro with a bezel and battery life close to the 5 Pro. But Watch 4 battery life was definitely a deal breaker to me. And having to go back to a heavier steel watch from titanium was an extra nail (the weight doesn't really bother me much, but titanium is so much cooler than stainless steel lol).

Reactions: J Dubbs

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty happy with my watch 5 that I've had for 1 1/2 years. I have the 44mm 5. I always have aod on. I start my day at 4:30am and end up putting it on the charger at 10pm with 50-55% battery on it. I rarely interact with the watch throughout the day other than checking sms notifications on these days. I track my steps using Samsung health and it syncs with Fitbit using Health Sync. I've only started doing this because my health insurance next year will require me to track my steps using Fitbit and I refuse to buy a Fitbit device just for that. I will have BCBS HMO and in order to get a lower premium, I have to agree to track my steps to "show" that I'm taking steps to be healthy because my BMI is higher than 30. I regularly take over 10,000 steps a day so their 5000/day average is a walk in the park for me to record.

But I don't think the watch 6 is any better of a device than the 5. Especially if you have the 5 pro. I'll probably upgrade whenever the 7 comes out.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I have the watch 5 pro classic LTE biggest one.

Is it worth upgrading to the 6 classic 47 LTE for $149. That's with the leather band also.

Seeing a few posts about battery being bad. Is it getting better, any other issues. Honest opinions are welcome.
The battery is not bad, but it's not quite as long lasting as the GW5 pro. IMO, it's not worth upgrading unless you really want the physical rotating bezel.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I used my watch 5 pro with AOD on for 31 hours, I turn it off at night for bedtime, I was at 31% last night.

I remember the watch 4 days of having to charge every night and don't want to go back to that. It's nice if I do a overnight trip I don't need to drag a charger with me.

So with that said I feel I would be better to keep me 5 pro. If I had another watch to trade in maybe just to try it.

If it wasn't for dealing with Samsung for returns I'd try it and decide in a week before having to send the trade in.

notforhire

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
I used my watch 5 pro with AOD on for 31 hours, I turn it off at night for bedtime, I was at 31% last night.

I remember the watch 4 days of having to charge every night and don't want to go back to that. It's nice if I do a overnight trip I don't need to drag a charger with me.

So with that said I feel I would be better to keep me 5 pro. If I had another watch to trade in maybe just to try it.

If it wasn't for dealing with Samsung for returns I'd try it and decide in a week before having to send the trade in.
"If it wasn't for dealing with Samsung for returns......."

truer words......

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've been researching the watch 6 classic 47 and found out an important detail. The battery is substantially smaller then the watch 5 pro. Makes no sense for Samsung to make bigger watch and smaller battery. With that said it's no surprise people think the battery usage is worse.. It's going to be it's a smaller battery.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I bought the Watch6 Classic during pre-order so I've had it for a bit of time. I traded in my Watch5 Pro and early on realized that was a really bad move. The Watch6 Classic has shorter battery life, but worse, the sleep metrics are a complete mess. Check out Reddit to see the number of complaints about sleep accuracy.

Finally, three days ago I went to BB and bought another Watch5 Pro and threw the Watch6 Classic on my desk. Guess I'll use it for a trade in the future.

The worst part was not that the watch had issues, that comes with buying stuff, sometimes you just have to deal with issues. But, with Samsung it becomes a total nightmare 99% of the time. I called support and wasted a stupid amount of time trying to deal with them. It was just easier to go get another Watch5 Pro.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: J Dubbs

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I bought the Watch6 Classic during pre-order so I've had it for a bit of time. I traded in my Watch5 Pro and early on realized that was a really bad move. The Watch6 Classic has shorter battery life, but worse, the sleep metrics are a complete mess. Check out Reddit to see the number of complaints about sleep accuracy.

Finally, three days ago I went to BB and bought another Watch5 Pro and threw the Watch6 Classic on my desk. Guess I'll use it for a trade in the future.

The worst part was not that the watch had issues, that comes with buying stuff, sometimes you just have to deal with issues. But, with Samsung it becomes a total nightmare 99% of the time. I called support and wasted a stupid amount of time trying to deal with them. It was just easier to go get another Watch5 Pro.
There's definitely a mixed bag of opinions on the watch 6 classic. I myself don't use the sleep stuff but know it's frustrating it is when something doesn't work for etc that you want to use it for.

You should have traded your watch 6 in on the 5 pro.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site

They like when you buy a new watch vs them fixing yours under warranty... one of the reasons they make warranty work such a pain, and refuse so many claims for ridiculous reasons. They make it hard for a reason unfortunately 😧

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I was curious to see what the trade in deals are for the 6 classic 47mm. I can get it for $6/month trading in my 5 44mm. Do I need the 3mm bigger screen or slightly newer hardware? Would the battery life be about the same? Probably. My watch 5 is almost paid off so I could keep it and wait until the 7 is released which might be a while.

I think the question I have to answer is do I see myself on Android for the next 2+ years or switching to iOS in the next couple of years?

My watch 5 is working just fine. It is laggy occasionally but I don't really need to interact with it that much throughout the day.

What would I benefit from buying the watch 6 classic LTE vs BT? My 5 is only BT and I don't see the need to use LTE on a watch. Plus I'm not sure if I have to add an extra line for the LTE 6 if I get it. In that case, it's not really worth it imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ife45201