Massive battery drain after switching to Droid Turbo

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I recently changed phones from an HTC One (M7) to the Droid Turbo.

On my One, the 360 easily lasted a 15 - 17 hour day (especially after the updates) with 40% - 60% remaining. Now it barely makes it through the work day before I need to juice it up again when I get home. It's draining a LOT faster on the Turbo.

Weird considering the Turbo is a Motorola phone and you'd think they would work well together.

Any one else having this - or a similar - issue after changing phones?

Posted via the Android Central App

Bruno28

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
Do you charge until 100% and remove?
Try charging an extra hour after it shows 100%. I did this and my battery has gone from 14 hours till dead. To 17 hours today until 54% still left

Also try deleting android wear and resetting the watch. Then reinstall and pair again.

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I did have to fully reset it twice when I got the Turbo in order for it to pair properly, and that's when the issues may have begun.

I charge the watch over night, and even sometimes take it off the charger (only recently) to let it fall to its true level, then pop it back on the charger to get to a true 100%.

Posted via the Android Central App

stimulatedboredom

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I figured out the issue (at least on my end). My watch still hasn't received 5.0, and I use the Facer app. I recently updated the facer app, but until my watch gets 5.0, Facer is a huge battery drain.

When I switched to one of the "official" Moto faces, the battery issue disappeared. I also checked the updated description for the Facer app's last update, and it now specifies that the app will drain battery until the watch is upgraded to 5.0.

I hope this helps others!

Naylor07

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I figured out the issue (at least on my end). My watch still hasn't received 5.0, and I use the Facer app. I recently updated the facer app, but until my watch gets 5.0, Facer is a huge battery drain.

When I switched to one of the "official" Moto faces, the battery issue disappeared. I also checked the updated description for the Facer app's last update, and it now specifies that the app will drain battery until the watch is upgraded to 5.0.

I hope this helps others!

That is probably my issue too, I am still on 4.4W.2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty