Charging issue resolved by Motorola Support by doing RMA

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone. Recently my watch has been having a problem where I put it in the charger and the charging face comes on for about 30 seconds, then flashes my normal watch face briefly before retuning to the charging face. Once it has returned to the charging face the indicator light on my charger will go out and the watch won't charge. However, the charging face will stay and actually show the battery percentage depleting. I have 2 Motorola charging cradles, and both of them do this. Sometimes I will put the watch on the charger, and it works like normal charging the device to 100%. It's about 50/50 whether or not my watch will charge.

I talked to Motorola's support people, and they will be sending me a new watch under warrantee. I was just wondering if the replacement will be a refurbished unit or a brand new watch. I obviously need one that charges 100% of the time, but I would prefer the replacement to be an unused product.

Also, has anyone else experienced this problem? I was thinking at first it may be water damage from getting it slightly wet while washing my hands, but then I remembered that it is rated for IP67. Maybe the induction coil inside the watch has a loose connection? It's a very interesting problem, and being the nerd/geek/mechanic that I am I want to know what's causing it. Too bad if I open the watch to find out it will void the warrantee, and I won't be able to get a new one Lol.

This is why I still like to build desktop computers. I can open them, modify them, diagnose them, and get just the part I need replaced without fear of voiding warrantee. :)

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I noticed last couple of nights mine would flash the watch screen and go back to the charging face. I reset the watch in the dock and test seemed to help. Still charges to full but have noticed it's not completely fool proof.

Moto X 2014 / Q10

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I noticed last couple of nights mine would flash the watch screen and go back to the charging face. I reset the watch in the dock and test seemed to help. Still charges to full but have noticed it's not completely fool proof.

Moto X 2014 / Q10

That's exactly how mine started a few weeks back. Then it would just not charge. I'd grab the watch in the morning and it would be dead.

If I were you I'd keep a close eye on the situation. You may need to get a replacement in a month or two Lol.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been having a similar situation. Three times in as many months it showed a charging face when I put it on the charger at night, but in the morning it was completely dead. After the second time it happened I got into the habit of fiddling with it to make sure it seemed like it was charging (face and light), but it just did it to me again last night. This time I woke up, pulled it off the charger, and it displayed the "shutting down" message. This was after I made sure it was charging the night before, and I swear the night-time face was on before I grabbed it this morning. Looks like a call to Motorola may be in order for me soon, glad to hear the replacement process is relatively easy.

benhaube

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I've been having a similar situation. Three times in as many months it showed a charging face when I put it on the charger at night, but in the morning it was completely dead. After the second time it happened I got into the habit of fiddling with it to make sure it seemed like it was charging (face and light), but it just did it to me again last night. This time I woke up, pulled it off the charger, and it displayed the "shutting down" message. This was after I made sure it was charging the night before, and I swear the night-time face was on before I grabbed it this morning. Looks like a call to Motorola may be in order for me soon, glad to hear the replacement process is relatively easy.

Yeah, it is definitely covered under warrantee, so I would try and get one. I literally spent 10 minutes on the phone with the customer service rep. She was very nice and spoke perfect English, albeit with an accent.

Back when I had my OG Moto X I needed a warrantee replacement because the front camera had a piece of foam that came loose and slid in front of it. Anyway, my point is Motorola has taken care of me both times I've needed them to, and resolved the issue with a new device instead of ringing me around through some repair process first, which I like.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non