Bit of a problem with Wear Messenger

dantonio777

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey, guys! Just got my new Moto 360 in yesterday with that awesome $179.99 deal and ive been loving it!

The only real hiccup is that I downloaded the highly appraised Wear Messenger application and when I open it on my Moto it says to also open it on my phone so the two can sync and so I did but they never did sync.

The watch just keeps telling me to open the app from my phone in order to sync and that's it.

I have also attempted to turn off both devices and reconnect again to see if that changes anything, as well as re-installing the application but alas.

Does anyone know what to do? Thank you in advance!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
you have bluetooth on, correct.

I would start out by going onto my watch and resetting it, then letting it tell me to connect again, and hope your phone finds it.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Crap.. im an *****.. i was thinking it didnt pair on your phone.. sorry..

OK so try this, tap your watch screen, you will see the G with Speak Now,, scroll down to the bottom and tap Start. Once you do it will bring up a list of apps, look for your android wear messaging app.

dantonio777

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Haha no worries, man! I appreciate any and all help.

I did try what you suggested and it just leaves me hanging at the "Sync Needed" screen. :/

ygenyk24

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Make sure your phone is running Android 4.3 or higher. Did you pair the watch and phone correctly? Make sure the device number in the app matches the one on the phone.

dantonio777

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
I checked and my phone (Galaxy S4) is currently running 4.4.2.

As far as pairing them correctly, is there more than one way to do so? I'm not asking to sound crass, it's a genuine question. I paired the two devices upon startup of my Moto 360.