Glass Screen Protector

jdsbmw

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering adding a glass screen protector. So far my display remains pristine. Have I been lucky or is the display really durable? Any thoughts on glass screen protectors? I've seen a few on Amazon with 8-9 hardness ratings. Thank you.

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that it hurts to have a little extra protection. I use the Zaag shield that Best Buy carried a while back.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm considering adding a glass screen protector. So far my display remains pristine. Have I been lucky or is the display really durable? Any thoughts on glass screen protectors? I've seen a few on Amazon with 8-9 hardness ratings. Thank you.
Discussed previously here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/moto-360/446706-do-u-use-screen-protector.html#post4134562

This link will lead you to a post I made in that thread, and contains a link to the "official" screen protector, plus you can read others opinion of this product and other solutions.

Brilliant Film for Moto 360 is the "official" screen protector and works like a champ. It comes with two screens, and I've never had to replace the first one. You can't tell it's there visually, or via tactile interaction. I bought mine at Best Buy: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/motorola-lens-care-kit-for-moto-360-smart-watches-clear/8851278.p?id=1219371608069&skuId=8851278

Last edited:

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
The screens on these watches are very tough. I am on my second watch... for reasons... but the first one I wore every day from September up until about a month ago without a screen protector and the screen was still pristine when I sold it. And I am not easy on my gadgets either. I wear it while working on cars and all kinds of other situations where I would occasionally bash it against a things but it still never got a single mark or scratch on it. I mean if you want a little peace of mind then go for it but I have not found it to be necessary.

For what it's worth glass screens have come a long way in the last few years. I honestly haven't used or needed a screen protector on anything in a few years and haven't gotten a single scratch on any of my devices' screens.

dungoyle

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
The screens on these watches are very tough. I am on my second watch... for reasons... but the first one I wore every day from September up until about a month ago without a screen protector and the screen was still pristine when I sold it. And I am not easy on my gadgets either. I wear it while working on cars and all kinds of other situations where I would occasionally bash it against a things but it still never got a single mark or scratch on it. I mean if you want a little peace of mind then go for it but I have not found it to be necessary.

For what it's worth glass screens have come a long way in the last few years. I honestly haven't used or needed a screen protector on anything in a few years and haven't gotten a single scratch on any of my devices' screens.
That's a really good testimonial on the ruggedness of the watch face. I'm glad to hear it. Even after reading this, I probably would have still gotten the screen protector for myself, only because (1) it was quite reasonably cheap, and (2), I always seem to fall into the Murphy's Law group, so I would have fallen into that .005% that got a defective watch face or otherwise fallen into a scratch-inducing incident if I hadn't got the extra protection.

mugenlude19

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I had a screen protector on mine but it got hazy over time. I've banged the watch off of door frames and still not one scratch. I do remove it when wrenching on my car though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Slow_S10

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Sometimes I'll take it off while working on my cars but otherwise honestly that's one of the times that it gets used more than ever. It's nice to be able to see and respond to messages without having to touch anything while my hands are all greasy. I do make an exception if I am going to be laying down under a car though as there is an extremely high probability of dragging the watch face across rough concrete. And as tough as it has been I'm also not going to blatantly abuse it if I can help it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non