Moto 360 - update

coolesnce

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I already have version 1.3.0.21 but today got another Moto 360 update. Not sure what enhancements were made since my battery level is too low to install it

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm really liking this update. So far the battery life on the three watch faces I have tried is amazing. I took my watch off the charger this morning at 8 o'clock and now its almost 9:30 p.m. and I'm still at 68%, that's way better than it used to be. I also like some of the new functionality on some of the watch faces. On one of my favorites I can just tap on the digital portion and the stopwatch function launches I tap it again and the stopwatch starts. It's great! Can't wait to see what developers do with this.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Because of interactions with new watch faces that will be "tapable" for various actions. Just check the odyssey or IW LCD weather, or Bits. if they would keep the tap, then it would not be possible to interact with new watch faces, rather it would bring the old settings/app screen. But I see no problem of just swiping to the left instead.

It was simply more convenient to double tap the watch face at times. I have it set where I turn on the screen with a tap or when it gets a notification. Since using voice command has frequently resulted in both my phone and my watch doing the same thing, I will very often just double tap it.

I don't have much use for the new features yet, but I might look at them later.

Posted via the Android Central App

Johnston212

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
I can see your point, but to implement actionable watchfaces, they had to disable the only action they had on there before. Yes, it takes a swipe or a long-button-press to get there, but now you get different actions in different areas of watchfaces.

That's nice, but I don't use any that do that, so meh

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
My battery life improved to almost back to where it used to be on Friday, after being horrible the day after I got the update. I haven't worn the watch as much over the weekend so we will see how it is tomorrow.

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I noticed a bug on my watch, wondering if anyone has this problem with this newest update, I put my watch in theater mode, push the side button, and the icon at the top portion of the watch disappears and turns off theater mode. Used to, theater mode stayed on, no matter what, until you turned it off.

Another thing I've noticed is a black box quickly appearing when you pull down the top menu, it appears just a second to the right side of the battery percentage and quickly disappears, I've also seen a red (almost like a upright battery indicator) appear in this same spot and it to quickly disappears.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I noticed a bug on my watch, wondering if anyone has this problem with this newest update, I put my watch in theater mode, push the side button, and the icon at the top portion of the watch disappears and turns off theater mode. Used to, theater mode stayed on, no matter what, until you turned it off.

Another thing I've noticed is a black box quickly appearing when you pull down the top menu, it appears just a second to the right side of the battery percentage and quickly disappears, I've also seen a red (almost like a upright battery indicator) appear in this same spot and it to quickly disappears.

I've seen the same things. Theatre mode seems funky and that wierd ghost battery icon.

Rocking the Note 4

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
I've seen the same things. Theatre mode seems funky and that wierd ghost battery icon.

Rocking the Note 4

After researching a little bit, I seen others talking about these two things days ago. I just got the update two days ago, and have been to busy to fool around with it until today.

Penguwin

VR Expert
Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm that this strange red box does appear on my Moto 360 as well after the update under the same conditions... Just for a moment.

Interestingly, my Asus ZenWatch (which is also updated) does NOT have this issue. No red box appears, all is as you would expect in that regard.

About the theater mode, I believe this is the new, updated and intended operation. Just a hunch here, I have no official documentation to prove it. None the less, I believe theater mode no longer works as a toggle switch, but now more of a "suspend" mode (for lack of a better term). In other words, theater mode automatically disengages and turns itself off upon the next user interaction after theater mode being placed ON.

The thinking, to my mind, is that if you are now interacting again with your watch, you must have already left the theater (or no longer need the theater mode service at least).

Using the Asus ZenWatch again, theater mode works exactly the same as it does on the Moto 360... Another reason why I think this is the new intended operation.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
About the theater mode, I believe this is the new, updated and intended operation. Just a hunch here, I have no official documentation to prove it. None the less, I believe theater mode no longer works as a toggle switch, but now more of a "suspend" mode (for lack of a better term). In other words, theater mode automatically disengages and turns itself off upon the next user interaction after theater mode being placed ON.

Yes I agree, you can turn it on, but once you press the power button to re-activate the screen, that shuts off Theatre mode. Which is nice.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I just wish there was a detailed changelog available explaining these things! Not just users finding out and trying to confirm if it's a bug or a feature.

wrmoore47

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
With the new AW 1.3 on my Moto 360 and the latest Pujie Black face, my battery life on the watch has gone from 1 day plus to about 12 hours. Didn't change anything about the watch face. I did a factory reset and reinstalled everything, but that didn't help. Guess ill try a simpler watch face and see what happens, but sure hate to loose Pujie! Any suggestions?

df79transam

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Another thing on my watch I've noticed is when my watch connects to my wifi network, its just a picture of the android guy and a blank card, with a blue back ground. If I hadn't of already seen this card, I wouldn't have known it is the watch letting you know it connected to a wifi network.

AvaMichele

Apr 7, 2013
Visit site
Yes I agree, you can turn it on, but once you press the power button to re-activate the screen, that shuts off Theatre mode. Which is nice.

I'm not happy about this change. I use my 360 for nursing school, and I need to conserve battery power. When doing vital signs, I use stay lit, so the display is on for 2 minutes. I don't have time to play with the settings. Without a method to keep the screen off, unless I need it, my battery won't last 8 hours.

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
While the markedly worse battery drain I initially experienced for a day or two after this update has stabilized, my battery life is still down, going from around 17-18 hours to 13-14 hours, and I hadn't changed faces, settings or anything else with my 360. Think I am going to have to try a reset to see if I can get it back up to what it used to be.

EDIT: Actually just found out I'll need to do a factory reset anyway when the Moto X Pure I ordered yesterday arrives, so I will wait until then.

Last edited: