wrist gestures won't turn off?

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Is this a common issue or...? I don't want to reset it, but its not a huge deal.

Setting I'm missing? Lol. I obviously disabled it in Settings.

Can you imagine how many times the screen turns on during a night of drinking... Unreal...

Posted via the Android Central App

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I think you're confused about which settings do what. The Wrist Gesture setting allows you to toggle through your notifications by flicking your wrist upward or downward. It doesn't have anything to do with turning the screen on. See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R0qbB4hVbU

There are two settings that impact your screen being on. Ambient Mode will keep your display dimly lit continuously. Tilt to Wake Screen turns your screen on when it is off if you lift your arm and turn it towards your face.. Tilt to Wake is probably the one that you're wanting to disable if you don't want your screen turning on based on the position of your wrist. Ambient Mode and Tilt to Wake settings are both found in the settings of the Android Wear app on your smartphone.

Blacklac

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes, tilt to wake. Thank you. Glad I asked before just resetting the watch... Lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Zadah7

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site
My watch keeps lighting up intermittently when I move my arm. I have turned off the motion control on my watch. I'm not sure what else to do.