My moto e (1st) does not detect sim cards and does not connect to WiFi

dksoni22971

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
Hi all
I have moto e 1st gen. After a few days of updating to lollipop, i faced "android.phone.com process has stopped unfortunately" error. I was unable to perform any activity on my phone. I did a factory reset(clearing cache memory) as guided by the customer care assistant, but the issue did not solve. I took my phone to service center and the phone started working. They say they did "flash" and reinstalled the software (i don't know what it is?)

BUT, still there are major problems :-
1. It is not detecting SIM cards in any slot. No message, no action takes place on inserting SIM cards.
2. Dialing *#06# it shows the message "unfortunately dialer has stopped"
3. Baseband version in 'About phone' shows 'unknown'
4. It also does not connect to WiFi whereas it connects via bluetooth. Going to Settings and touching WiFi, it shows "turning wifi on" and hangs.
I am told at the service center that the mothrboard is damaged. Is it true according to above symptoms or still there is a way out?
Please help !!!
Thanks in advance...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like they reinstalled the phone's firmware, which is basically all of the system software. If all of that is still going on, then it sure sounds like a problem with the motherboard. How old is the phone? Is it still under warranty?

motoerror

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Even I am facing the same issues. At first, I lost the Wifi Connectivity and then did a reboot. Now, nothing works (connectivity). I did a factory reset, which was the worst thing I did, now, lost all applications, except the stock ones.
Screenshot_2016-01-02-22-17-37.png Screenshot_2016-01-02-22-18-11.png Screenshot_2016-01-02-22-18-30.png Screenshot_2016-01-02-22-18-53.png Screenshot_2016-01-02-22-19-04.png Screenshot_2016-01-02-22-19-40.png

I am not sure if it's motherboard fault or not as all other features on phone works, except 'networking and connectivity' .. Please help. My phone is 574 Days old..

swati agarwal1

Mar 27, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I am facing the same issue with motorola e. All of sudden it stops working and detecting any of the sim card. Wifi is also not working. Rest of the apps are working fine like bluetooth and all. Service center guy told me that there is a mother board problem. Is it so? If you have resolved this issue . Please let me know.

Thanks

Rahulgarg

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm also facing the same (ditto !!) issue in My MOTO E (1st Gen) . 5 Days back, it all started and when I removed the SD memory Card, the became completely fine n smooth. But today, again, it started not to detect any SIM Card & Wifi signals.
If anybody can Please help here on Android Central.
Thanks in Advance.

Rahulgarg

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
And, FYI I have never rooted this Android Phone, and never installled any 3rd party APKs from other Stores.
Also, previous month I had visited service center and they updated the OS to Android 5.0 Lollipop.

PoornaChandra K

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
I too got the same problem. My MOTO E is not recognizing any SIM cards. I have purchaged it from FlipCart back 18 months (1 and half year). It has been working fine in these days (except with a problem of SD card unexpectedly removed - this problem persisted from the beginning).
But this problem (sim card not being recognized) all the stopped my work. All other features are working fine, i believe. But the primary activities of making a call or sending a message are failed. So i call it is dead-state phone.
I have seen here that many are facing the same problem....but could not get an answer for that problem. Please guide me towards a solution.
I dont know whether to....
(i) go service center
(ii) reset the phone to factory settings
(iii) forget the phone and buy a new one :)
(iv) some other solution!!!
please direct me so that i can use the phone as earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vedansh1

May 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm also facing the same (ditto !!) issue in My MOTO E (1st Gen) . 5 Days back, it all started and when I removed the SD memory Card, the became completely fine n smooth. But today, again, it started not to detect any SIM Card & Wifi signals.
If anybody can Please help here on Android Central.
Thanks in Advance.
Himanshu Agarwal

Jehoshua

Jun 3, 2016
Visit site
Hi all
I have moto e 1st gen. After a few days of updating to lollipop, i faced "android.phone.com process has stopped unfortunately" error. I was unable to perform any activity on my phone. I did a factory reset(clearing cache memory) as guided by the customer care assistant, but the issue did not solve. I took my phone to service center and the phone started working. They say they did "flash" and reinstalled the software (i don't know what it is?)

BUT, still there are major problems :-
1. It is not detecting SIM cards in any slot. No message, no action takes place on inserting SIM cards.
2. Dialing *#06# it shows the message "unfortunately dialer has stopped"
3. Baseband version in 'About phone' shows 'unknown'
4. It also does not connect to WiFi whereas it connects via bluetooth. Going to Settings and touching WiFi, it shows "turning wifi on" and hangs.
I am told at the service center that the mothrboard is damaged. Is it true according to above symptoms or still there is a way out?
Please help !!!
Thanks in advance...
suffering from the same problem, will flashing the phone work? Suggestions please.This problem arises few days after I flash the phone, have any permanent solution?

denerbastos

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site
You can reinstal the Android system , using ADB Fast boot , ser this on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7t0caN2Vts i havê bricked my moto e 1 when i try to instal exposed on Android 5.0.1 and a have made the downgrade for 4.4.4 kit kat , working perfect without any bug , if you not understand de tutorial , look for this on youtube , how to instal original ROM moto e .. Sorry for my bad english . i'm talk portuguese i don't speek english very well . good look !!!

Last edited:

VivekTiwari

Nov 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

I too had the same issue initially i.e. no wifi and sim connectivity, and I followed the instruction and flashed my moto e, good thing is I got my sim and wifi back, but all other app are still not working, also unable to install or update any app.

The issue is, though my phone is showing 2.09Gb free but its still showing the storage space running out msg in the home screen, so I guess when I update or install any app it feels the storage space full so give error message, Unknown error occurred 505.

Also I was trying to open youtube but it gives error that "Authentication is required", and also when I try to open Gallery it says "Unfortunately Gallary has stopped"

Any help please.

Alos is there any way to format the device and install a fresh copy of android (I already done the flash ) I want a way to format device.

Thanks for all your help.

dpagar

Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Try to do following things -
1. take all backup of ur data.
2.GO to Settings
3. Backup & Reset
4. Factory Data Reset.
5. Erase everything
My problem got solved by this.. Enjoy :)
:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87