Ringtones For Moto G

Jettgod

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I am newbe to Android and Smartphones, and have only had the 'phone a couple of days.

However, how do I get any new ringtone downloads to appear on the selection list on the Moto G Software?

Also, are there any specific requirements about the type of ringtones that I can add such as MP3's or Polyphonic etc?

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry I am newbe to Android and Smartphones, and have only had the 'phone a couple of days.

However, how do I get any new ringtone downloads to appear on the selection list on the Moto G Software?

Also, are there any specific requirements about the type of ringtones that I can add such as MP3's or Polyphonic etc?

Thanks

Welcome to the forums.
Where are you getting your ringtones?
I like Zedge, you can find it easily on Play, the ringtones are all proper types, wallpapers are really nice and a good selection of notification tones too.
As for the type of file it needs to be, I think mp3, mp4, and WAV are the most common.

PS: Is that Clark Gable as your avatar?

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Well the good news is you can make your own!

Use something like MP3 Cutter or Ringdroid from the Store and chop up some of your favourite tunes to get exactly what you want.

Sent from my XT1032 using AC Forums mobile app

Macktion

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site

Thanks

OK so, the first thing to do is to plug your phone into the computer. Now you need to create a few new folders:
Internal storage - media - audio
In the audio folder, create 'alarms' 'notifications' and 'ringtones'.
Into those folders drop your custom files and they will be detected by the default programs.
If any of them don't already exist, make them.

And I have been using mp3 files, and they work fine. Don't know about other file types though.

Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

Fiaco

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
I am a newbie as well and I am not able to set a custom ringtone. I've tried all the suggestions circulating on various forums but with little success. Copying on media/ringtones doesn't work. Using ringdroid doesn't work either. The thing is that when I set up the ring tone for a specific contact my phone is not able to play it. It just stays mute while calling... Any thought/advice?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Sizzers

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I am a newbie as well and I am not able to set a custom ringtone. I've tried all the suggestions circulating on various forums but with little success. Copying on media/ringtones doesn't work. Using ringdroid doesn't work either. The thing is that when I set up the ring tone for a specific contact my phone is not able to play it. It just stays mute while calling... Any thought/advice?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Okay this is how I set up a customised ringtone, and I don't connect my phone up to my PC as it's too much faff p****** about with files.

So the tracks I want to use for a ringtone will be ripped to either MP3 or AAC, then I upload them to Drive or Dropbox then download them to my phone. Now you can either cut the tracks down to how you want them on your PC before uploading them or, like me, use an app such as MP3 Cutter to leisurely play away doing it on your phone. Entirely up to you which option you prefer, but if you're wanting to do something like loops etc then it's probably far easier and less head banging doing it on the PC.

Install this https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....hlidskialf.android.tonepicker&token=b0kPJR0q, and when you come to "Select Ringtone" for whatever notification you're setting up use Tone Picker and select your customised track from there.

happyfalangme

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
i just used ES file Explorer.. just go into sound..phone ringtone...complete action using es file explorer. that shows all the mp3's you have stored on the phone.. choose one. finished.

kumar25

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
i bought moto g android 4.4.2 new mobile 2 days back.i m not able to copy picture from one location to another location.anyone can help me.

Thanks

Zak Cooper1

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Just download ringtone maker and you can choose one of your files already saved on your phone, hit save and set as ringtone and voila it is done.

Posted via Android Central App

MotoGnewbie

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
I am also new to smartphones, and new to Motorola (Moto G), new to Google.

I miss all of my text messages, because the audio is too short and my hearing isn't great.

To solve the problem, I went to the Google Store icon and found Zedge. I downloaded it (nervously, because I don't trust downloads). After going through all the steps a message appeared on my phone screen that my device is infected!

I uninstalled Zedge immediately. Found this forum, and will take advice about creating my own ringtones. Meanwhile, however, my nervousness regarding downloads has reached high pitch. It seems that I can't even trust the company who provides the software for the phone.

How can I make sure that the infection is gone?

Any advice will be warmly welcomed.

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah as you are new to android, those msgs are just random adwares. Google playstore is the safest place to download apps. And frankly, you can download from other sources too. Google regularly monitors your apps to check for virus etc. And according to statics, the percentage of app containing malware is extremely low. These are just some negative campaigning carried on my apple and others to show how risky android is. Play around with your phone. Don't worry so much.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez