Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Arrow Help: Black screen after bootanimation [water damage]

hello please help me with my moto g. i droppeid into the water then it startet bootlooping, and after a while it shut down.
    them i went home, put it in a bag of rice for a day, after that the phone wouldnt either boot or charge(only led blinking)
    so i decided to open it myself up and tore it down to clean it with a tooth brush and alcohol.
    after that, the phone could charge and the batteri icon displayed normally.
    i can get into fastboot mode (volume down and power), and can access the recovery menu.
    whenever i select "factory" option on bootmenu, the phone reboots itself
    whenever i go inside "recovery" and try to "wipe cache partition", the phone restarts itself (doesnt wipe anything, just directly restarts)
    and after every single restart or manual normal boot, the phone displays a black screen (backlight is on, though) after the boot animation.

then i unlocked the bootloader and tried flashing the official Movistar Peru 4.3 JB rom with the flashall.bat, and i get no errors during the process, but still get the black screen
    i had updated via ota to 4.4.2, but any 4.4.2 rom i try to flash fails (hab check failed for recovery, for boot, for system, invalid system imave, etc etc). so all i can do is flash official 4.3 roms (i guess?)
    also, if i try to relock the bootloader with "fastboot oem lock begin" etc etc, even the process outputs a "locked!" at the end, the bootloader status code still remains 3.
    i am ocassionally getting random blue screens out of the sudden.
    please help me, i dont know what else to do. if possible, i'd like to remain at stock recovery and stock rom, but if not possible i will follow any solution that brings my phone back to life.

Default Re: Help: Black screen after bootanimation [water damage]

I have that exact problem. Also unlocked the boot loader and it happened after i emptied the battery complete once ... but the battery does load