Will the Verizon Moto G get 4.4.4?

CarrierPigeon

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
will the Verizon version of Moto G ever get Android 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 updates?

since I'm only using this Moto G as a wifi-only device, can it ever get the update?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
will the Verizon version of Moto G ever get Android 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 updates?

since I'm only using this Moto G as a wifi-only device, can it ever get the update?
Yes, you should still receive the update regardless of it being connected to the network or not. And yes, I believe it will receive those updates, 4.4.3 for sure.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you should still receive the update regardless of it being connected to the network or not. And yes, I believe it will receive those updates, 4.4.3 for sure.

I doubt it'll get 4.4.3. 4.4.4 is more likely. :)

tevin vail

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I have the xt1028. I have been waiting on the 4.4.3 update but have not gotten it yet. Still on 4.4.2, can anyone help me. My phone is Verizon BTW thanks

Posted via Android Central App

Inundated

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
It's all but verified fact that whenever the VZW Moto G gets its update, it'll be 4.4.4. The 4.4.3 update is being skipped due to critical (SSL) bugs. That means it takes time to QC the new update.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Straight from Motorola: The Download: Join Motorola Assist Product Manager in an AMA July 17. Plus, Android 4.4.4 News. - The Official Motorola Blog

Android™ 4.4.4, KitKat® Begins Rolling Out - We’ve begun rolling out Android™ 4.4.4, KitKat® to our phones! This latest update includes all of the goodies of 4.4.3—such a new dialer, the ability to pause during video recording, and enhanced camera image quality—and includes enhanced security for OpenSSL. We just started rolling out in Brazil and India for Moto G; in Brazil, France, Canada, and Asia Pacific for Moto E; in the U.S. for DROID Ultra. We are always working to deploy the latest software as fast as possible and expect the update to come to many more phones soon. Check out the software updates page to see if your phone has been upgraded yet.

yourphonemyphone

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Nothing mentions the VZW version of the Moto G. None of it. I hope that isn't a bad sign.

Motorola has to get the okay from Verizon first. As with any OTA updates, Verizon is usually the last carrier to push out OTA updates.

Now that I think about it, is there really a big difference between 4.4.2 and 4.4.4? What new features have they come up with? :)

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I got a software testing email yesterday but I don't have my moto g anymore, but I plan on getting a Verizon one before Christmas!! So I don't get to test KitKat 4.4.4!!!

yourphonemyphone

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I got a software testing email yesterday but I don't have my moto g anymore, but I plan on getting a Verizon one before Christmas!! So I don't get to test KitKat 4.4.4!!!

I bought my Verizon Moto G from Best Buy when it was on a 2-day sale for $39.99. Since you have plenty of time before Christmas, I"m sure it will go on sale sale for the same price.(if not cheaper) :)

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
The nearest Best Buy for me is 2 hours away, so I buy my electronics form Walmart because you can buy a 2 year protection plan.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Motorola has to get the okay from Verizon first. As with any OTA updates, Verizon is usually the last carrier to push out OTA updates.

Now that I think about it, is there really a big difference between 4.4.2 and 4.4.4? What new features have they come up with? :)

Hasn't been the case with the Motorola/Verizon relationship lately.

yourphonemyphone

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
The nearest Best Buy for me is 2 hours away, so I buy my electronics form Walmart because you can buy a 2 year protection plan.

about the Walmart protection plans on electronics.... I used to buy it on everything because it was a good value and the claim process was super easy. Something has changed.... I've recently had to file claims on two electronic items.(cheap ones, one was $49 and the other one was $79) The claim process was like trying to get a 7-year-old to visit the dentist. The Walmart plans are administered by Asurion, which usually does pretty good job for cellular carriers like Verizon. However, they obviously have a different department that handle plans purchased at Walmart. Those people act all nice and everything, but talking to them was like talking to a hippo. At the end, I got my products replaced, but the experience left a really bad taste in my mouth.

Inundated

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Hasn't been the case with the Motorola/Verizon relationship lately.

I'm not really worried, I guess. I'd just like an official statement about both 4.4.4 and L, even if it's "the VZW Moto G will get it sometime".

We would probably have 4.4.3 by now if it hadn't been spiked, no?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty