Why have my Bluetooth Controls stopped responding?

Grog337

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Bluetooth Controls stop responding

My Moto G (LTE) pairs and stays connected to the bluetooth in my car (Ford Sync).The problem is the controls (play/pause, next track, etc) work for about a minute or so(sometimes a little longer) then quit responding. The audio keeps playing without interruption. If you pause then restart playing, the controls will respond for a little while, then stop working. Something else that may or may note be related... The play controls on the lock screen sometimes show up, sometimes not and when they are there, the bluetooth controls seem to work, when they're not there they don't. Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing the issue (another program running in the background that forcefully wants to take over the bluetooth control, perhaps)?

efforting

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth Controls stop responding

I'm having the same issue with my LG Tone bluetooth headphones. I think it has something to do with when the phone goes to sleep? but I have noticed the same issue with the notification controls. It will show paused when my music is playing and all the controls lock up and wont respond.

efforting

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Bluetooth Controls stop responding

Ok think I figured it out.
PocketCasts settings, I unchecked, play over notifications, bluetooth track info, and respond to external controls.
And now everything is working fine. It probably was the "respond to external controls" that did it, but I'll have to mess with things to see exactly which setting did it. I've also read that other audio apps may be trying to take control like Stitcher radio.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa