Moto G 2014 Ram issue-fixed or not?

AzharB17

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys I am on the verge of buying the new Moto G, but I am very fussy and did quite a lot of research into this phone. I always thought it was brilliant until I came across the RAM issue-where numerous people report apps that are force closing etc. when multitasking. A recent claim says that the latest Lollipop update has fixed it, so can anyone proof this? I really like this phone, but I also want to make the best decision.

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Definitely wait! The RAM issue is very serious. And most reviews don't talk about it. Why because folks tended to give a view quite early and the issue takes time to grow...about a week of use.

The phone itself is superb and highly recommend if the RAM problem is fixed. If not its a waste. But wait for many many users confirming not just a few.

Read these user comments for more info.

https://forums.motorola.com/posts/6168839e0e?page=17

https://plus.google.com/102055092337729576649/posts/ecMsi5uNxkf

Last edited:

AzharB17

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
I am without a phone so I need to urgently make a purchase, and I've read your page and links, so what do you think? Is it fixed? Is it advisable to buy it?

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I am without a phone so I need to urgently make a purchase, and I've read your page and links, so what do you think? Is it fixed? Is it advisable to buy it?

There is no confirmation it is fixed for certain. Plus, there is a lot of misinformation out there right now. Also no clarity on when the fix would come out to all phones.

No doubt the phone is very good overall and well worth the price. However, not being able to switch between apps or suddenly finding you can't listen to music and browse the net at the same time and seeing the phone suddenly slow down or get laggy at times.....for no reason is frustrating.

If it were me, I would wait or buy something else. Think of it this way buying it now is a gamble...it could go either way.

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
OK despite my view, after 48 hours testing taXcity on my links is saying the Lollipop plus the later Lollipop update on top of it fixed the issue. Take it as you see fit.... Just letting you know.

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
On my part I can confirm that the new Lollipop update has fixed the memory management and Bluetooth issues for me, I can run multiple apps with no problems, tested it out for hours on end yesterday with Google play Music Playing music with Google maps providing navigation while driving around and getting in and out the care the assist app handled everything like it should turning the music on and off. Was also able to pull up several apps including Google music, Chrome browser with multiple tabs, Google +, Facebook, CNN, the Camera app, ETC, with no home screen redraws or apps crashing and no sped up Bluetooth audio everything seems like it should and has made the phone way more stable than the original lollipop update. Looking at running Apps in setting I see the memory is handling all of this like a champ, also for good measure ambient lighting is also working :). Thanks Motorola for listening and responding so quickly to everyone's issues!!!

Anubhav Das

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
very pleased to hear about this
that the memory management is fixed
AQ perry I wanted to ask if you open 2 games at once does the one game restarts

AQPerry

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
very pleased to hear about this
that the memory management is fixed
AQ perry I wanted to ask if you open 2 games at once does the one game restarts

I don't really play games on the Moto G 2014 as I use it work work purposes and general applications, I have a Note 3 which I use for my more intense stuff. The testing that I did seems to have removed all of the common issues I as well as others were having such as Playing Google Play Music which using Chrome or Google Maps for navigation while having a few other apps running in the background like email syncand GMail, I haven't seen any issues with any of that since the new update where before I could barely run one app without hitting the home button and have redraws.

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
On my part I can confirm that the new Lollipop update has fixed the memory management and Bluetooth issues for me, I can run multiple apps with no problems, tested it out for hours on end yesterday with Google play Music Playing music with Google maps providing navigation while driving around and getting in and out the care the assist app handled everything like it should turning the music on and off. Was also able to pull up several apps including Google music, Chrome browser with multiple tabs, Google +, Facebook, CNN, the Camera app, ETC, with no home screen redraws or apps crashing and no sped up Bluetooth audio everything seems like it should and has made the phone way more stable than the original lollipop update. Looking at running Apps in setting I see the memory is handling all of this like a champ, also for good measure ambient lighting is also working :). Thanks Motorola for listening and responding so quickly to everyone's issues!!!

Its been a few days now. Is the issue still fixed?

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Yep, still no issues, the phone is running as good as it can with its specs and is handling everything I throw at it with no problem :)!

Thanks for following up. Sounds like they fixed it. Now I just have to wait for the updates to my XT1064. I trust your word :).

Coleman Robertson

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I am running 4.4.4 on my Moto G 2014 and this is day 2 of using it and no RAM issues or apps closing and I am a very heavy user!

Posted via the Android Central App on note 3, moto g, moto 360, s4, s3, HTC, vivid

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
The problem is that I haven't received the lollipop update yet so I have no idea. Patience is a virtue lol

Posted via the Android Central App

Satej Nair

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the problem, suddenly music player stops when browsing or when doing multi tasking. Can anyone help for Android 4.4. Still I haven't got lollipop update so wanted help with KitKat.

Kolten Nay

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the problem, suddenly music player stops when browsing or when doing multi tasking. Can anyone help for Android 4.4. Still I haven't got lollipop update so wanted help with KitKat.

Unfortunately there's not a fix for us people stuck on kit kat..

eagors93

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Hello, I'm also interested in buying this phone, though the app-killing issue is bugging me as well.
Is there anyone else that can confirm that Lollipop fixes the issue with multitasking on Moto G 2nd Gen? Any reply would be appreciated!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Attila