Not Yet Announced: Adventure Mod (Waterproof case)

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
The waterproof case looks neat. I wouldn't buy a waterproof camera but a snap-on case I could bring into the lake with the kiddos would be cool.

9 - 5.jpg
9 - 6.jpg

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I never understood why Moto didn't make the Turbo 2 water resistant, especially since the cheaper G was. Now, with the S7, and the next iPhone rumored to have water resistance, it's hard to understand why the Z Force doesn't as well. Perhaps this explains it. And, if you want wireless charging, you'll have to pay extra for that feature as well (not to mention that you can't have both features at the same time).

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I never understood why Moto didn't make the Turbo 2 water resistant, especially since the cheaper G was. Now, with the S7, and the next iPhone rumored to have water resistance, it's hard to understand why the Z Force doesn't as well. Perhaps this explains it. And, if you want wireless charging, you'll have to pay extra for that feature as well (not to mention that you can't have both features at the same time).

Based on the officially announced items, the Power Pack gets you wireless charging.

However, I can see someone making a cheaper wireless charging back that isn't also an battery pack.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Based on the officially announced items, the Power Pack gets you wireless charging.

However, I can see someone making a cheaper wireless charging back that isn't also an battery pack.

That's what I'm getting at, isn't the Power Pack another add on that you have to pay for? Something that is included with many other phones. And, if you want wireless charging, you don't get water resistance at the same time.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
That's what I'm getting at, isn't the Power Pack another add on that you have to pay for? Something that is included with many other phones. And, if you want wireless charging, you don't get water resistance at the same time.

The Moto line hasn't included wireless charging in any phone so far.

enderhexfyre

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
It is water resistant.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Moto...-protected-from-spills-and-light-rain_id75098

wonderbread

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Totally agree with the missed opportunity Moto had to seriously compete with the S7 by introducing MotoMods and IP certified waterproofing. Moto didn't think consumers cared as much about waterproofing, which is why it wasn't on the G either, but everyone I know who has an S7 brags about how they don't need to worry about it getting wet. Why Moto why!!!

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I had a Google Now card this morning that stated Moto was to announce new mods at IFA later this month. I didn't read the article, but who knows, maybe soon.

I saw something similar on another tech site and the article said that Moto is going to announce some additional mods on August 31st. If Moto has a waterproof mod, as was leaked previously, you would think we would see it on the 31st, but who knows.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo