Which Moto mod should I get?

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
Hey all, after hearing overwhelming positive feedback about the Z Play and its battery life I pulled the trigger and bought one. $200 online Verizon code + $200 trade in value for my Droid Turbo 2 = $8 Z Play!

Now, seeing as the battery mod is probably not necessary given the already legendary longevity of the phone, what Moto mod would you his purchase first for it? I had high hopes for the Hasselblad, but it looks like it's a slow focusing overpriced POS.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hey all, after hearing overwhelming positive feedback about the Z Play and its battery life I pulled the trigger and bought one. $200 online Verizon code + $200 trade in value for my Droid Turbo 2 = $8 Z Play!

Now, seeing as the battery mod is probably not necessary given the already legendary longevity of the phone, what Moto mod would you his purchase first for it? I had high hopes for the Hasselblad, but it looks like it's a slow focusing overpriced POS.
Are there any mods which interest you? If there is, then take a close look at that particular mod and read up on the reviews to make sure it's what you want. You can never go wrong with extra battery life.

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
canceled the battery mod order ( won't need 4-5 days batterylife, 2-3 days with original is enough for me) and got the JBL soundboost mod.

waiting for special offers to get insta share projector , camera and some style shells (black and red leather)

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
all mods, wow, congrats now you can go on holiday :)

I'm waiting for a projector&camera sale. I saw that they lowered the hassleblad mod already, so there is chance we see 199ish prizes in near future.

I think 149-199€ is a price point were most sitting on the fence would pull the trigger.
projector lil bit more , of course

Go Liath

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
What's wrong with extra battery life? :D I got the Incipio battery pack today. Interested to see how it will play out on long or multiple days.

Soundtallica

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I got em all and the camera is great. I love using the zoom.

The camera is great? How is focus and shutter speed in that thing for you? I tried one at the Verizon store and it literally took 3-5 seconds to focus and had almost a second long shutter speed.

huungryshark

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
the 16MP camera is very good, opens fast, laser Focus working good.

if you want better camera, you have to pay double for your phone, it's totally okay for a 400 bucks device

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
The camera is great? How is focus and shutter speed in that thing for you? I tried one at the Verizon store and it literally took 3-5 seconds to focus and had almost a second long shutter speed.

It's quick outdoors but in low light it might take a while.

IMG_20161001_104102954.jpgIMG_20160924_135049022.jpgIMG_20160918_111223842.jpg

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
the 16MP camera is very good, opens fast, laser Focus working good.

if you want better camera, you have to pay double for your phone, it's totally okay for a 400 bucks device

I have seen some great shots taken with the Honor 8,and that's slightly cheaper than the Moto z play.

Eric Xu1

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Well I just ordered the Hasselblad. I would also get the projector Mod, but my Lenovo Yoga Tablet 3 Pro already has one. I'll definitely share the video/photo quality of the mod. It's on sale for $199 at Amazon.