Made in America

ISiddiqui

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Just saw ABC News. Apparently one of the selling points of the phone is that it is "Made in the US", as opposed to iPhones in China. Apparently its the first Made in the US phone in a long while. I wonder how much play that will end up getting - I mean that mere fact that it was made in the US put it on ABC Evening News.

I can see an ad saying "Not just Designed in America, Made in America".

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Second the first point. It takes minimal time to assemble. Parts would still be out sourced. I have a feeling to save costs - moto x similar phones for other countries would be straight out of Asia.

Posted via Android Central App

Kayone73

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
Second the first point. It takes minimal time to assemble. Parts would still be out sourced. I have a feeling to save costs - moto x similar phones for other countries would be straight out of Asia.

Pretty much all modern electronics internals and components are manufactured outside of the US, so the point of the internals being outsourced is irrelevant. In fact you probably WANT something powered with a korean or Taiwan built chipset...

Sent from my HTC One Sinless ver 2.7 Google Edition rom

lostaggie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
We need to support US industry where we can... Unless you want higher taxes on our Chinese made crap to support the unemployed...

Infinity

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I'll bet the majority of the phone is assembled overseas and the only "assembly" being done in the USA is putting on the color back plate that the customer specified.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much all modern electronics internals and components are manufactured outside of the US, so the point of the internals being outsourced is irrelevant. In fact you probably WANT something powered with a korean or Taiwan built chipset...

Sent from my HTC One Sinless ver 2.7 Google Edition rom

I know, I am not American - Asian development influences our economy far greater than the states. However, I do wish the states / global economy well. Their extremely excellent for the stuff they do.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I wonder how many people realize in pricing considerations that a day and half's labor in Texas were the phone is being assembled is the equivalent to one month at Foxconn in China/Taiwan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana