Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44
Like Tree19Likes
  1. #26  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    7,139 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Having issues with Moto X already...

    I'd agree the One and G2 are also top 5 devices and it'd be hard to go wrong with either one, the Moto X or Nexus 4 (other than the impending refresh expected). Those are three very different devices going after distinct design philosophies so it's hard to stack then next to each other, but any issues are going to be rare and easily solvable on all of these devices. If your device really isn't zeroing in, it's either something in settings or something defective in the device. Either way, the advice to take it in and have it fixed is correct.
  2. #27  

    Default Re: Having issues with Moto X already...

    Why would I get the Moto X over the One, Note 3 (which doesnt retail for 199), and the G2? Simple:
    1) Moto X is much smaller than these phones. All these phones are bigger than the Nexus 4 and Evo LTE I had which are both a little too big if you ask me. Plus every review I have seen so far says the Moto X is one of if not the best feeling device in the hand.
    2) I can get a Wood Moto X (eventually).
    3) No ****ty UI i have to cover up with launchers and stock applications. Sense 5 isn't that bad but I'll be damned if I was caught using Touchwiz or whatever the name of that thing LG puts on its phones.
    4) Useful software features. I use Google now a lot, and i have to go through a lot of unnecessary motion to get to it (turn on phone, swipe up, then say google). Same with seeing the time and any incoming notifications. And thats not including other useful features like trusted devices. They may be useless to you but for me they are very exciting.
    5) Its assembled in the US.
    6) Did I mention wood backs? Yeah, count me in.
    Thanked by:
  3. #28  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    7,139 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Having issues with Moto X already...

    It's hard to argue with the best software, fastest and smoothest operation available and some added value features that are available nowhere else out of the box, all in a tiny package that is incredibly subtle. The only thing that I don't like about my X is the camera is not the best camera out by a long ways, but it's not bad either. It's head and shoulders above my G Nex and that took some good photos once you learned how to use it. It's just got nothing on the S4 or iPhone cameras.
  4. #29  
    tortex73's Avatar

    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

    Default Re: Having issues with Moto X already...

    Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    Google now works.. Not as well as siri though. Why did you buy a moto x? I swear iPhone and moto x are battling for the same bad consumers. For that 199 you could of bought a much better android phone instead of the x.
    Hardly. I owned the other 2 top dogs (the HTC One and the GS4) and neither can hold a candle to the Moto X. Currently, there is no better phone on the market, Android or otherwise.
    H2o likes this.
  5. #30  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    for what carrier? for Verizon I would recommend the HTC One if you need it today. LG G2 if you can wait till tomorrow and the Note 3 if you can wait a month.

    I don't think the X compares to any of those phones.. all of them have a quad core with a 1080p screen and a host of their own features. for example on the htc one.. would I rather have awesome front facing speakers and beats audio or touchless voice controls? seriously.. no one is using touchless voice controls.. people aren't using their phone from across the room and if you can't pick up a phone I feel bad for you.

    not to mention lets be honest.. google now isn't ideal.

    the active notifications is a neat little feature.. but in all the reviews the moto x has average battery life.. the whole concept of the active notifications and discrete cores was to allow the moto x an advantage in the battery.. it really has no advantage over the average phone in battery life.. maybe its because they stuck a small unchangeable battery in the phone.. but regardless it is what it is.

    lets face it.. look at my OLD post history.. I had been hyping this phone and motorola for a long long time.. this phone is a DUD. the Moto maker feature is really cool but its not even across the board. I come from a RAZR M so I love the idea of a phone that is more about functioning than it is specs.. but not when it comes out with a high end contract price and really isn't anything but hype and useless features. how can you compare what you get from the g2 or one for 199 to what you get from the moto x?

    I got an HTC one right now (about a week left on my 14 day return period if needed) but I am in love with this phone.. I always liked motorola because I thought they had dominant reception.. my htc one gets 4g where my razr m didnt even get 3g. and it switches from 3g to 4g in a second or two.. not 15-30 seconds.
    I use touchless controls all the time.. I'm really enjoying moto assist also. The quad core argument was put to rest with andantech review.. So that argument is old news that you sound to be a bit late on.

    HTC is to bulky and heavy for me. You can't disable blink feed and the functionality of sense is not as plain and simple as stock android. It does have a great camera though but I've had my moto for a week now and my gallery has a whole zero pictures in it, that's how much I care about a camera. To each his own

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #31  

    Default Re: Having issues with Moto X already...

    Quote Originally Posted by tonymhoffman View Post
    I use touchless controls all the time.. I'm really enjoying moto assist also. The quad core argument was put to rest with andantech review.. So that argument is old news that you sound to be a bit late on.

    HTC is to bulky and heavy for me. You can't disable blink feed and the functionality of sense is not as plain and simple as stock android. It does have a great camera though but I've had my moto for a week now and my gallery has a whole zero pictures in it, that's how much I care about a camera. To each his own

    Posted via Android Central App
    blinkfeed and sense are definite negatives of the htc one I agree. Motorola has had a near stock experience since the razr hd/maxx/m
    desertdummy likes this.
  7. #32  

    Default Re: Having issues with Moto X already...

    Purchased Moto X and love the phone but Moto Assist does not work. Spent two hours with level 2 support from Motorola and they will have to refer to level 3. Not sure if I will keep this phone or swap while I can. New Iphone out Friday.
  8. #33  

    Default Re: Having issues with Moto X already...

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Garner View Post
    Purchased Moto X and love the phone but Moto Assist does not work. Spent two hours with level 2 support from Motorola and they will have to refer to level 3. Not sure if I will keep this phone or swap while I can. New Iphone out Friday.
    My assist works flawlessly

    Posted via Android Central App
  9. #34  

    Default Re: Having issues with Moto X already...

    Quote Originally Posted by mazzmoney95 View Post
    Why would I get the Moto X over the One, Note 3 (which doesnt retail for 199), and the G2? Simple:
    1) Moto X is much smaller than these phones. All these phones are bigger than the Nexus 4 and Evo LTE I had which are both a little too big if you ask me. Plus every review I have seen so far says the Moto X is one of if not the best feeling device in the hand.
    2) I can get a Wood Moto X (eventually).
    3) No ****ty UI i have to cover up with launchers and stock applications. Sense 5 isn't that bad but I'll be damned if I was caught using Touchwiz or whatever the name of that thing LG puts on its phones.
    4) Useful software features. I use Google now a lot, and i have to go through a lot of unnecessary motion to get to it (turn on phone, swipe up, then say google). Same with seeing the time and any incoming notifications. And thats not including other useful features like trusted devices. They may be useless to you but for me they are very exciting.
    5) Its assembled in the US.
    6) Did I mention wood backs? Yeah, count me in.
    Sense is probably the worst launcher of any of the major bundled phone launchers and the most bloated. It only lets you have 4 screens that are like 4x4 icons. If you use widgets, forget it.

    Ok you want a wood back? That's cool. One drop and you're ruined. You'll probably have a case on it.

    The one has the best build quality of any android phone that's pretty much the universal opinion of anyone in the android world, and the most bundled storage for 199 - 32 GB. I'd love a red white and blue moto x though. That's enough for me to buy one - made in US
  10. #35  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    7,139 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Having issues with Moto X already...

    I would disagree on the one having the best build quality. It has materials that people seem to prefer, but the engineering integrity and associated durability don't seem to be greater than any other flagships. There were too many complaints about gaps and other issues to claim it best in build quality.

    XT1060. Through spacetime.
    anthony2558 likes this.
  11. #36  

    Default Re: Having issues with Moto X already...

    The materials people prefer. Like quality ones. Ones that don't break. Specifically metal. Ohhhhhh I get it
  12. #37  
    Darth Spock's Avatar

    Posts
    7,139 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,183 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

    Default Re: Having issues with Moto X already...

    Not everyone wants a metal phone, and as we learned between the iPhone 4s, 5 and then the HTC One, there are different levels of materials among metal and different levels of engineering execution with those materials. You seemed to be insinuating a knock against the commonly thought better built moto x in terms of build quality by changing the subject mid sentence to build material preferences.

    XT1060. Through spacetime.
  13. #38  
    GeekMoxie's Avatar

    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts

    Default Re: Having issues with Moto X already...

    Quote Originally Posted by MotoX405 View Post
    Ok so i asked a question earlier about how to set current location on the moto x's google now feature. I am new to android and i came from iOS. Its starting to **** me off because if i ask for directions it does one of two things, thinks I'm in new york (yes location services is on and my home address is set in my stuff) or it doesn't update my current information. Honestly i shouldn't have expected anything different with android. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Android nerds bashed siri but at least it knew where i was EVERY TIME. any help? sorry I'm just really frustrated this damn thing isn't cheap
    First - I'm sorry that you are frustrated with the transition to Android. I was submerged in iOS for years and just recently came back to Android. It took me a few days of internally whining but once I did all my updates and cleaned up the phone to my preferences, things changed. I am so very happy with my phone now. Was bored with iOS, happy with Android.

    It does sound like there is some kind of setting that is making the phone get wonky (refer to previous posts about resetting) or just definitely swap out the phone. There definitely could be something wrong with the hardware.

    If you really are committed to trying to get the hang of Android, you won't regret it. My husband drives me nuts with his whining about my swapping away from iOS but he can get over it =)

    (PS - I also think some people reacted a bit harshly to your statement. Your incredibly frustrated and coming from iOS so this is almost like trying to read Greek - all I ever heard while having my iPhones was how terrible Android was, when I was transitioning I thought the same thing - but it will pass once you get the hang of it - and a working phone)

    Equal Opportunity Gadget Lover
    Huggin' it out with my Moto X, iPad Air & Macbook Pro
    Thanked by 2:
  14. #39  

    Default Re: Having issues with Moto X already...

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekMoxie View Post
    First - I'm sorry that you are frustrated with the transition to Android. I was submerged in iOS for years and just recently came back to Android. It took me a few days of internally whining but once I did all my updates and cleaned up the phone to my preferences, things changed. I am so very happy with my phone now. Was bored with iOS, happy with Android.

    It does sound like there is some kind of setting that is making the phone get wonky (refer to previous posts about resetting) or just definitely swap out the phone. There definitely could be something wrong with the hardware.

    If you really are committed to trying to get the hang of Android, you won't regret it. My husband drives me nuts with his whining about my swapping away from iOS but he can get over it =)

    (PS - I also think some people reacted a bit harshly to your statement. Your incredibly frustrated and coming from iOS so this is almost like trying to read Greek - all I ever heard while having my iPhones was how terrible Android was, when I was transitioning I thought the same thing - but it will pass once you get the hang of it - and a working phone)
    Awww, such a nice reply! Thank you

    Posted via Android Central App
  15. #40  

    Default Re: Having issues with Moto X already...

    I'm sorry but I totally disagree. I've had my Moto X since day one and absolutely LOVE it. It has great battery life compared to my previous phone which was the Droid Bionic with the larger battery. Moto X does not stutter, hicup or lag. Does exactly what i need it to do each and every time. And it doesn't have some crappy bloated UI mucking up the works. It has everything I need and nothing that I don't need. It is AWESOME.
  16. #41  

    Default Re: Having issues with Moto X already...

    To OP, were your issues occurring while only on wifi or while on carrier network as well? If only while on wifi, this could be due to a router that has a faulty location associated with it. Seen this happen many times, especially with routers that have been moved recently.

    Posted via Android Central App
  17. #42  

    Default Re: Having issues with Moto X already...

    I am on my 2nd Moto X in a week. First had serious software errors including power cycling, pixilated screen (no it wasn't dropped or drowned), and the most annoying was if you took a call or called you can not get out of the call until the other end hangs up, forget about using the key pad if you call customer service because you can not use the keypad while in a call, the screen is unresponsive... I have Uscellular which is a headache in its self. The new phone that was given as replacement is having the same in-call issue of not being able to acess the screen for either to end the call or use the keypad. This phone will go back too, but wondered if there is some setting I am missing that is causing this. Uscellular does not believe that someone could get two bad phones with the same issue... I told them if crap will happen with a phone I am who it happens too...
  18. #43  
    grooks's Avatar

    Posts
    459 Posts
    Global Posts
    460 Global Posts

    Default Re: Having issues with Moto X already...

    Quote Originally Posted by kw10109 View Post
    I am on my 2nd Moto X in a week. First had serious software errors including power cycling, pixilated screen (no it wasn't dropped or drowned), and the most annoying was if you took a call or called you can not get out of the call until the other end hangs up, forget about using the key pad if you call customer service because you can not use the keypad while in a call, the screen is unresponsive... I have Uscellular which is a headache in its self. The new phone that was given as replacement is having the same in-call issue of not being able to acess the screen for either to end the call or use the keypad. This phone will go back too, but wondered if there is some setting I am missing that is causing this. Uscellular does not believe that someone could get two bad phones with the same issue... I told them if crap will happen with a phone I am who it happens too...
    Do you by chance have a screen protector on the phone and is this protector covering the proximity sensor just to the left of the front speaker?
  19. #44  

    Default Re: Having issues with Moto X already...

    Quote Originally Posted by phositadc View Post
    I've owned tons of android and never experienced that. Don't blame android, it's either user error or a defective device.

    Sent from my XT1058
    totally agree...I came from a iphone years ago, and realized a lot was my fault...lol
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Motorola Connect Issues
    By guinnkevinr in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 03:08 AM
  2. Help with Moto X font size
    By aco905 in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-20-2014, 01:33 AM
  3. Buying the Moto X Motomaker card off contract
    By Dregur in forum Moto X (2013)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 09-14-2013, 04:57 AM
  4. Trouble syncing calendar with laptop/desktop
    By KDS456 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-28-2013, 12:10 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-26-2013, 10:43 PM

Posting Permissions