After 1 day

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Got the x yesterday, sold my s4 in order to buy it. After one day all I can say is wow. The battery life seems better, the thing is smooth as butter, quite a few apps would freeze my s4 while nothing (even the same apps) stops this thing. I will say I'm not sure the radios are any better, maybe a bit worse. The screen obviously is not of the same quality but it's not bad either. Camera is the weakest party, which I knew going in. Love not having a skin and one thing I noticed is that the battery chargers while plugged into the USB on the computer while using the phone, albeit a bit slower, my s4 would show the charge going up only if I didn't use the phone, it just died slower while plugged in. So far no regrets about buying this device.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk 4

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Did you get the 32GB? I went to ATT to look at the 32GB and they did not have it in the store. I went with the S4 Google Edition instead.

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
I got the 16 only cause I wanted black. They had 32gig in white, it was an att Corp store

grenefroggie

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I will say I'm not sure the radios are any better, maybe a bit worse.

I would love to hear more on this. I don't trust what the signal in the status bar tells me on any device. I wish I had the cash to do it with two devices on the same service side by side in multiple environments. Folks I talked to on VZW said about the same but two different networks, two different areas and even different antennas both of the companies use seem like it can really change results. Also consider power leveling on the cell side to allow the basestations to "hear" clients that have weaker signals on the "edge" before they swap to another cell. I think this is largely mitigated with LTE, and will likely be different with HSPA or CDMA.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

steveh552

Trusted Member
Mar 6, 2010
Visit site
Well there are parts of my house where the s4 would get Atleast edge speeds to where the x had no service, that's what I'm basing my thoughts about the radio on

pgood4

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Signal seems pretty good for me. I have one stretch of road not far from my house that has been a no coverage zone with every phone I've had and to my surprise I received a call yesterday while pretty much dead center in that area. I no they haven't done any network enhancements since I also had my htc one with me and it had no coverage.