Bluetooth off but still running in the background.

andog88

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I dont use bluetooth at all, I always have it off but when I go to apps then click on running, it shows Bluetooth Share with the seconds passing by...

how can I turn it completely off?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
settings-->Bluetooth-->Off

its a service and not Bluetooth itself. thats the service which enable/disable Bluetooth.
so let it handle itself and stop worrying about apps which runs on the background.

its just like bluetooth service on windows. the service is responsible for turning bluetooth On/Off.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
its a service and not Bluetooth itself. thats the service which enable/disable Bluetooth.
so let it handle itself and stop worrying about apps which runs on the background.

Exactly. Let Android manage itself. That's what it's designed to do.

Larry Hyde

Dec 6, 2016
Visit site
But it isn't managing itself. I clear everything and force stop and it is restarts. The disable button is disabled. Restart doesn't stop it. I don't want my device visible except when I'm pairing. Further my workplace policy forbids using Bluetooth and they scan for rogue AP's. I'm using Galaxy S7 with 6.1.1. Ap Mgr no longer shows running only force stop and disale. Any solution would be appreciated. Thanks.

Exactly. Let Android manage itself. That's what it's designed to do.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
The BT service app will run whether you have BT switch on or not. Try getting another BT device to connect to your S7, it won't show up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87