Got my Moto X

dad2paisley

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Just some of my first impressions.

Got my Moto X yesterday and spend most of the evening playing with it. I was able to set up everything. I finally figured how to transfer pictures, movies, apps to the Moto X from my other phone.
I made several calls and moved to different parts of my house and outside and the calls where clear on both my end and the other persons.
The Moto X does have a good feel and I love holding it in my hand. Only it's a bit smaller so it might be easy to drop. But I like the feel.
It runs pretty smoothly through the screens and in apps. Played a few games, Granny Run and it played great. I also played a movie to see how it look. Very nice colors. The sound is LOUD but the HTC One front speakers edge it out just a tad. Headphone sound is quite good.
OK Google Now works very well. It's quite snappy and responsive. I love the Assist app. It work well in my car and when the phone rings, you have a choice either to answer, or have a message sent to the caller. Pretty neat.
The phone dialer is very basic and plain. Blah..

I only took 2 pics last night and they look pretty good. I will be taking more today in the daylight and see how it does in normal light and in darker areas.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Did you buy it from MotoMaker? If so how close was what you received to the image on the computer screen of what the final product would look like.

Evgeshais300

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
how is proximity sensor?
Any "mind of its own" issues while in the pocket?
Does screen turns on/off as it should when on call moving phone away/to face.

i'm about to pull trigger on VZ Moto X.

Thank you

guesswhat_567

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Prox sensor might be false alarm havent seen that issue reported in other forums or by many people, as shaytoon pointed out in another thread he had the screen on the phone still which probably was blocking prox sensor.

Its been happening for as long as ive had the phone (a week) BUT i think i may have resolved it. As 2 users just posted about the screen protector...what i had was the original plastic screen cover that the phone came with (yes i know its not a screen protector, i usually wait for the sticker to peel off before i take it off) so what i did was cut off the top portion of where it covers the senors and.....VOILA. i started making calls and the phone acted normal and would stop going blank. that seemed to have fixed the issue so to those who have similar issue, take off any plastic/screen covers and see if it works. if i encounter the issue again then ill post back and we will know for sure by then that its not any covers.

how is proximity sensor?

Thank you

roadkizzle

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I think that as with buying anything online, the biggest problem is most computer screens are not built to have the best color representation. I know Apple computers are supposed to have the best color representation and calibration. I bought a navy blue with purple accents and I am definitely enjoying the look of my phone.

dad2paisley

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
No issues for me. I keep it in my front left pants pocket and it is off. It only flashes is I have a text, email etc. The phone screen goes black while you talk, but if you take it away from your face, the phone screen comes back.

how is proximity sensor?

Thank you

dad2paisley

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
My first real 24 hour day with the Moto X. I charged it over night cause when it was shipped it had about 47%. Turned it on at 7am and have been playing around with the phone off and on, got a few pics, texts and now it's 1pm and I still have 81% battery life with everything running. I wanna test this battery really good.

dad2paisley

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Another thing I was worried about it being 16G. We'll I downloaded my 4 albums, pictures and 3 movies and some apps and I still have 11.88G left. Some of my pics went on Google but hey that not bad for all I put on it so far.

JungleLarry

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
My first real 24 hour day with the Moto X. I charged it over night cause when it was shipped it had about 47%. Turned it on at 7am and have been playing around with the phone off and on, got a few pics, texts and now it's 1pm and I still have 81% battery life with everything running. I wanna test this battery really good.
If you're concerned with battery longevity, heavy cycling from full charge to no charge isn't good.

Just use it normally. If it lasts you as long as you need it, then that's pretty much all you need to know. Aside from that, battery times and screen-on stats are just numbers on a spec sheet like everything else.