Has anyone gotten Google Wallet to work successfully on Moto X (AT&T)?

dp.rotten

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone been able to get Google Wallet installed and working on the AT&T Moto X? If so, have the method for it you could link?

Thanks!

sunburned

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Wondering the same thing about Verizon.

I don't really have a problem using ISIS as long as I'm not charged for using it and it works ok. But then it only accepts Chase and AmEx credit cards??? And no check cards??? WTF are they thinking?

I really want to use NFC payment, it's just so damn convenient, but my check card is my main form of payment, not a credit card. I love being able to swipe my whole wallet to get on the metro because my SmarTrip card reads through the leather. Same convenience for NFC hopefully.

dp.rotten

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
That's what is driving me crazy. I have USAA and all Mastercards. I paid for a phone that uses Google's OS, so why shouldn't I be freely allowed to use Google's free services? It should be illegal for carriers to block the use of apps like this just so they can make a buck off of the people they already charge limbs for.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
That's what is driving me crazy. I have USAA and all Mastercards. I paid for a phone that uses Google's OS, so why shouldn't I be freely allowed to use Google's free services? It should be illegal for carriers to block the use of apps like this just so they can make a buck off of the people they already charge limbs for.

Why is it driving you crazy? I agree with you that the carrier should not block it but it is not illegal. It it their network and you agree to their terms, which you did. There are several devices that google wallet works on, you happened to choose one of your free will that is not supported.

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Why is it driving you crazy? I agree with you that the carrier should not block it but it is not illegal. It it their network and you agree to their terms, which you did. There are several devices that google wallet works on, you happened to choose one of your free will that is not supported.

Sure you can go elsewhere other than Verizon and AT&T but you're choices are truly limited. So there are really few options. And limited choice. So little free will. No, not illegal. But certainly not the free market that we need. At least, that's my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Wondering the same thing about Verizon.

I don't really have a problem using ISIS as long as I'm not charged for using it and it works ok. But then it only accepts Chase and AmEx credit cards??? And no check cards??? WTF are they thinking?I really want to use NFC payment, it's just so damn convenient, but my check card is my main form of payment, not a credit card. I love being able to swipe my whole wallet to get on the metro because my SmarTrip card reads through the leather. Same convenience for NFC hopefully.

Having had Google wallet on all my previous vzw phones I do kinda miss not having it .While I dont have to have it on phone it was convenient,and kinda cool to see the look on peoples faces when using it
I used a prepaid C.C. on wallet kinda doubt that would work on ISIS

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Sure you can go elsewhere other than Verizon and AT&T but you're choices are truly limited. So there are really few options. And limited choice. So little free will. No, not illegal. But certainly not the free market that we need. At least, that's my opinion.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Agreed. One reason. I have a s4 google play edition on ATT is to get away from the bloat, vanilla android and Google Wallet.

Until the masses get off the subsidized phone train, the carriers will run things however they want.

Sent from my SGH-I337

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed