Best battery tools?

EricandSuebee

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I think something is working in the background on my Moto X and its causing battery to drain fast, what are some good apps to use to see what could be causing issues? Example charged my phone last night was at 100% woke up this morning was down to 88% then just drove into town and did some shopping not even looking or using my phone and its now at 72% so something is using battery up somewhere, I only use 1 widget and its the One more Clock widget.

Tom in Bristol

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Tom for the suggestions, now how do I read wakelock, if it says x1000 does that mean it is accessing that widget 1000 times?

Here's mine just now...showing CPU wakelocks...

Wakelock.png

Edit: to add some comments...this sez that Wallet woke the CPU 339 times for a total 10 min 22 sec (Guess I might as well close it since I rarely have a chance to use it in Podunk VA) but that's still livable since the CPU was only "Awake" 7% of the 5+ hours.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I think something is working in the background on my Moto X and its causing battery to drain fast, what are some good apps to use to see what could be causing issues? Example charged my phone last night was at 100% woke up this morning was down to 88% then just drove into town and did some shopping not even looking or using my phone and its now at 72% so something is using battery up somewhere, I only use 1 widget and its the One more Clock widget.

Could you post screenshots of your battery stats and the graph, please?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app

EricandSuebee

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Sure can but I think I may have found the problem(s), I ended up uninstalling the one more clock widget, unchecked some things from not syncing in the google account and a couple other small stuff and it seems to have solved itself so far, I'm at 39% still and its lasting a long time. Think just cutting down on syncing in the background helped a lot.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sure can but I think I may have found the problem(s), I ended up uninstalling the one more clock widget, unchecked some things from not syncing in the google account and a couple other small stuff and it seems to have solved itself so far, I'm at 39% still and its lasting a long time. Think just cutting down on syncing in the background helped a lot.

Well if that works...Lol.
Thanks for posting the follow up.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC forums app