"Sprint" Moto X on Craigslist - Can I use on T-Mobile?

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
There is a Moto X phone for sale on Craigslist that says it is a Sprint version. However, I want to use this on T-Mobile... is that possible? What would I need to do to get it to work on T-Mobile? Are there CDMA and GSM versions? I thought there was only one that combined both.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
There is a Moto X phone for sale on Craigslist that says it is a Sprint version. However, I want to use this on T-Mobile... is that possible? What would I need to do to get it to work on T-Mobile? Are there CDMA and GSM versions? I thought there was only one that combined both.

For the Nexus 5 (and some iPhone's) there is one that combines both. Nearly every other phone, including the Moto X, have seprate GSM and CDMA variants, and sometimes variants of those variants.

rdubmu

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Only a Verizon version may work if the gsm simple is unlocked

Sent from my LG-D801 using AC Forums mobile app

mikec8785

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks everyone. So basically if I'm looking to use a Moto X on T-Mobile I should be looking to purchase an AT&T version when searching for used phones?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87