Is 4.4 different between phones

gdruin74

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Pretty new to android I have been seeing 4.4 reviews showing widgets not in the app tray with 4.4 mine are still there. is there a setting I am missing? I do see the other changes after update but not that
Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

joelp228

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
That feature is only exclusive to one phone, the Nexus 5. Unfortunately, every other 4.4 phone will not have this. Although you can sideload this for the Moto X by downloading the apk

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Google has botched the kit kat release. Major fragmentation going on between nexus devise. And for the moto X its a Motorola device so it gets its owned skinned version of kit kat. Just like how Samsung lg Sony HTC skin there deveiss.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Google has botched the kit kat release. Major fragmentation going on between nexus devise. And for the moto X its a Motorola device so it gets its owned skinned version of kit kat. Just like how Samsung lg Sony HTC skin there deveiss.

Google has botched it? We have never seen this many devices get a major OS upgrade in so little time. The nexus devices have it and most versions of the moto x. (2 phones that I own). Google gives always android so any differences you see are skins from the OEMs. If you want everything shown in the nexus 5, get a nexus 5.

Sent from my Moto X!

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Do u see apple taking features out of there update its all the same. When jellybean and previous oc come it was some on a All nexus devises. Not like that with kit kat.
Google has botched it? We have never seen this many devices get a major OS upgrade in so little time. The nexus devices have it and most versions of the moto x. (2 phones that I own). Google gives always android so any differences you see are skins from the OEMs. If you want everything shown in the nexus 5, get a nexus 5.

Sent from my Moto X!

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Do u see apple taking features out of there update its all the same. When jellybean and previous oc come it was some on a All nexus devises. Not like that with kit kat.

You mean between nexus devices? Big deal. Nexus devices also do not cost 700 a pop. So the Nexus 5 has the GEL launcher, which you can get if you want.

I also have not seen so many people I know switching to android from iPhone because they do not like iOS 7. Just sayin

Sent from my Moto X!

FoneFreak

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, IOS7 is different on the 4, 4S, 5, & 5S as lots of features are missing when you step down from the 5S. I know because I have a 5S, 5 for work and my parents and coworkers have the 4 & 4S, so I see it first hand. If you search the web you will see a list of features that each handset didn't get that the 5S has.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I wouldn't call it botched but I totally agree - Google is doing some fragmentation. With the Nexus 5, the Nexus line has diverged and I wouldn't call it "stock" Android anymore.

Posted via Android Central App

blackomen

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The "gel" launcher isn't part of Kit Kat , it's a separate apk that anyone with 4.1 or higher can install if they like. How is that bad? You don't even need Kit Kat except for the translucent part.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Not talking about just launcher, there's the translucent statues n navigation bars, art, the dialer. Etc
The "gel" launcher isn't part of Kit Kat , it's a separate apk that anyone with 4.1 or higher can install if they like. How is that bad? You don't even need Kit Kat except for the translucent part.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Not talking about just launcher, there's the translucent statues n navigation bars, art, the dialer. Etc

the only thing different is the launcher.. I have ART, the new dialer on my nexus 4

u are talking as if other oem has never fragmented the phones. every phone is different.

at least what google did was remove a launcher which can be easily installed.

gdruin74

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That feature is only exclusive to one phone, the Nexus 5. Unfortunately, every other 4.4 phone will not have this. Although you can sideload this for the Moto X by downloading the apk

Downloaded the apk and installed. Then went right back to the stock launcher.
Not a fan of the larger icons

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez