Messaging lag?

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
So I've had my Moto X for about a month now and the past week or two I've noticed the messaging app has been taking much longer than normal to open up a thread. Also, when I send a message it takes longer than normal to show up in the thread as well. I turned the phone on then off and it seemed to go back to normal. Very quick and snappy. I also uninstalled swiftkey. I'm not sure if swiftkey played a part in the lag or not. I've also been switching back and forth between using the stock keyboard and swiftkey for the past week or so. Any input on what could have caused the lag?

jebba

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes phones just lag and need to be rebooted to get things running properly. Also if your threads dont have an auto delete limit and are really long it can cause things to slow down (this might only apply to older phones though). If it happens again try deleting long threads and see if that helps.

SandroidE

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if I'm getting this right...
What messaging app do you use?
Also, why did you install swiftkey?, that feature should already be available in the stock android keyboard...
I have stock 4.2.2 app with no messages limit, also have 'swiftkey' enabled as well... I've two languages defined for the keyboard (switch back and forth)...
I've never seen lag while typing...
Maybe you could clear the app cache...

Enviado desde mi XT1058 usando Tapatalk 2

sprocket2107

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Swiftkey is not pre installed, I believe your thinking of the swipe to text feature that is built into the stock keyboard. I also delete my threads every few days and I've set the limit to 125. Im not sure what it was but the reboot helped. Not sure if it was necessary to uninstall swiftkey but I did anyways. I don't have a problem with the stock keyboard.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty