anon(883913)

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Hope everyone had a great holiday! I was just browsing around looking at some articles about the Moto X and some of them point to the X having the necessary bands to connect to Verizon's AWS. So my question is how would I find out if my Moto X is on VZW AWS vs conventional LTE? Would the signal indicator say LTE+ or change to a new symbol? Under the settings -> about would it say AWS?

Posted via Android Central App

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
So my question is how would I find out if my Moto X is on VZW AWS vs conventional LTE? Would the signal indicator say LTE+ or change to a new symbol? Under the settings -> about would it say AWS?

Speed would probably be the only indicator. My speeds have increased substantially in Chicago.

13+-+1

sc4fpse

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Speed would probably be the only indicator. My speeds have increased substantially in Chicago.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...I/AAAAAAAAFM4/0s4w1dKq8Y0/w482-h857-no/13+-+1

But given that that is still within the range of speeds found on the 700 Mhz spectrum, you can't say for certain that that is or isn't a speed test on the AWS spectrum.

On some phones (Note 3 and iPhone 5S come to mind) you can access certain field test menus that will indicate which LTE band you are on. Most phones, however, including the X, don't allow you to do this. So, really, unless you're getting speed tests of 80 Mbps+ download, then you can't be sure that you're on AWS.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
But given that that is still within the range of speeds found on the 700 Mhz spectrum, you can't say for certain that that is or isn't a speed test on the AWS spectrum.

On some phones (Note 3 and iPhone 5S come to mind) you can access certain field test menus that will indicate which LTE band you are on. Most phones, however, including the X, don't allow you to do this. So, really, unless you're getting speed tests of 80 Mbps+ download, then you can't be sure that you're on AWS.

Speeds like that aren't happening on non AWS, trust me. Until recently, I was getting single digit download speeds in Chicago.