Moto X: Can't connect to blue tooth speaker

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
Not sure why but when trying to scan for the blue tooth speaker, my Moto x won't pick it up. Any suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Can't connect to blue tooth speaker

Not sure why but when trying to scan for the blue tooth speaker, my Moto x won't pick it up. Any suggestions?
In your auto? I bought a Moto X for my mom and it wouldn't pick up the bluetooth in her car, which is an older Lexus. Her iPhone and my Samsung GNote3 pick it up fine. I suspect this is a problem with Kit Kat or with the Moto X. I would return the phone if you are in the return period and try another. If that one won't either, than it is likely a kit kat issue.

tonymhoffman

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I had a qualcomm engineer sent by Motorola at my house a few weeks back debugging a Bluetooth bug I found. It was found by issues with my Subaru car connection.

We found a workaround for the time being while they collected logs to sort everything out.

We had to delete the existing pairs to my car from the steering wheel and the stereo dash. With Subaru they(steering wheel & dash) seem to have separate entities for Bluetooth pairing.

Once the pairs were removed from the car and the phone, I could restart the pairing process and connect successfully.

Sent from my XT1058 using Tapatalk

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
So its actually a single portable bluetooth speaker called Jam2. I tried to reset the speaker but it didnt help. I really dont want to return the phone cause I just returned my other one for a hardware flaw.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

DayThyme

Banned
Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
We had to delete the existing pairs to my car from the steering wheel and the stereo dash. With Subaru they(steering wheel & dash) seem to have separate entities for Bluetooth pairing.

Once the pairs were removed from the car and the phone, I could restart the pairing process and connect successfully.
I did that about 50 times and it didn't solve the problem with the Moto X pairing with an older Lexus's bluetooth.

I returned the phone. I worry that the problem is Kit Kat because with my GNex, the last OS update royally screwed the bluetooth on that phone.

Last edited:

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I had a similar problem. But then I remembered my Bluetooth speaker has a pairing mode: for my particular model, I had to hold the power button until the lights flashed rapidly. After that, it worked flawlessly.

4eyedbqueen

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
Omg you are brilliant! Thank you Weksa for posting that solution. It totally worked. I have a jam plus and I recently got a Moto turbo after owning an S4. With the turbo it wouldn't even show up in the list of devices to be paired. But it would work fine with my iPad mini and s4. So I tried your trick and it totally worked. I had to hold the power button down on the jam plus for about 30 seconds before the turbo discovered it and paired with it.

Anyone with a Motorola having pairing isues with their Bluetooth speaker should totally try this.

:) thanks again!

Thanks Weksa.
I had a similar problem with my motog while connecting to jbl bluetooth speaker. Your soluion worked like a charm :)

Sharath Shetty

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I had a similar problem. But then I remembered my Bluetooth speaker has a pairing mode: for my particular model, I had to hold the power button until the lights flashed rapidly. After that, it worked flawlessly.
thnx, this worked for me,
Sony speak SRS-X11 & Handset Moto g4 plus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch