Making Moto X As Secure As Possible

emmettlodge

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased a Verizon MotoX last month. I haven't used Android before, and this is my first smart phone.

I'd like some tips and tricks on making my phone as secure as possible. Primarily because as I've started to use all the features of this phone, I have realized that it can end up containing a lot of personal information.

I understand of course that once I have sent something out from the phone, it's basically "up for grabs" and unsecure. Unless it's like an encrypted email or SMS (do those exist?)

I also understand that because many of the features are run by Google, they are only as secure as Google.

That said, what steps can I take? Beyond just the basic locked screen. How can I assure full data protection should the phone ever fall into the wrong hands? How can I assure the best protection of my Google data? How can I assure that the web browsing I am doing on the phone on public WiFi and through 4G is as secured as possible?

Regards!

Last edited by a moderator:

A895

Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Making MotoX As Secure As Possible

I just purchased a Verizon MotoX last month. I haven't used Android before, and this is my first smart phone.

I'd like some tips and tricks on making my phone as secure as possible. Primarily because as I've started to use all the features of this phone, I have realized that it can end up containing a lot of personal information.

I understand of course that once I have sent something out from the phone, it's basically "up for grabs" and unsecure. Unless it's like an encrypted email or SMS (do those exist?)

I also understand that because many of the features are run by Google, they are only as secure as Google.

That said, what steps can I take? Beyond just the basic locked screen. How can I assure full data protection should the phone ever fall into the wrong hands? How can I assure the best protection of my Google data? How can I assure that the web browsing I am doing on the phone on public WiFi and through 4G is as secured as possible?

Regards!

You can try encrypting your phone. I would advise reading this article thoroughly though.

http://m.androidauthority.com/how-to-encrypt-android-device-326700/

Posted via Android Central App

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Making MotoX As Secure As Possible

Android device manager is okay, but not as good as Cerberus, if you trust the company behind it.

You can also use the app Text Secure and Red Phone to send encrypted text calls, but the other side have to use the apps too.

This may sound oxymoron but it's true, you have to root if you truly want to secure the device. Only then you can do things like prevent apps permission and control the linux kernel iptables and block adwares.

sent via tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress