Moto X: Do you use touchless control?

How much do you use touchless control?

• Total voters

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Only when I'm showing it to someone who hasn't seen it otherwise, no. I never really seen a use for talking to my phone be it via Siri or Google Now

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

nfotiu

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I use the ok google now, what time is it, when not wanting to get out of bed. And a little bit for using navigation while driving, but that is about it. Active notifications is a far more killer feature IMO.

ttfn92

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Not really but I did use it today to set an alarm which was nice and easy. I feel weird talking to my phone like that though. I've tried to get it to read my messages to me while I'm driving but I can't figure it out.

Posted via Android Central App

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
Use it every night to set an alarm and in the car, it is the ONLY way I interact with my phone.

LOVE the Find My Phone command! Need to use that at least once a week.

ultravisitor

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
Not really but I did use it today to set an alarm which was nice and easy. I feel weird talking to my phone like that though. I've tried to get it to read my messages to me while I'm driving but I can't figure it out.

Assist has to be enabled. It will recognize that you are driving and then ask you if you want your messages read aloud and if you want to respond.

SASenfield

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I use it quite a bit, mainly while getting ready for work since I'll be too busy to actually hold my phone (check weather, SMS, etc).

Posted via Moto X

Fdmstng99

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I use the ok google now, what time is it, when not wanting to get out of bed. And a little bit for using navigation while driving, but that is about it. Active notifications is a far more killer feature IMO.

Agreed about the active notifications.

snoking

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
GPS has to be enabled, too for it to recognize that you are driving.

Leaving the GPS enabled has not hurt my battery life. I called my wife this afternoon from the car hands free.

I have all three assist functions active and still great battery life.

We used voice requests on Maui for navigation without a problem.

These things are not what is killing some peoples batteries. GPS only goes active when needed.

People with battery life issues have other rogue apps that are killing their batteries.

Find the real issues and use the functions that the Moto X has and enjoy them.

Chris

Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app

cappy718

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I use it daily. I use "OK Google now" and I say text. "x". It asks me what I want to say in the message... And then it asks if I want to send it. I say yes and it sends it. I use it when I'm driving all the time. It's the best feature of the phone.

Posted via my Moto X Vzw DE

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I occasionally use it when I'm driving, but it can't find places in my directory, only places that can be google-searched, which limits its usefulness to me. If I could say, "navigate to john smith's house" and have it find John Smith in my contacts and look up the home address and go there, I would use it a lot more. I've tried it for calling my husband, but the interface for calling someone with more than one number is awkward, and is more distracting when I drive then just pushing buttons. I don't really text, and it doesn't do anything for emails.

ttfn92

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Assist has to be enabled. It will recognize that you are driving and then ask you if you want your messages read aloud and if you want to respond.

It is enabled and shows when I am driving. It will say on the screen, say listen, and I do but then I can't hear it. It looks like it is doing something though and then the screen will say, would you like to reply. I've only gotten a text twice while in driving mode. The first time when I was driving and couldn't look at it too closely to see what to do and the second was when my husband was driving and I tried hard to follow the directions so it would work. Volume was on too.

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
It is enabled and shows when I am driving. It will say on the screen, say listen, and I do but then I can't hear it. It looks like it is doing something though and then the screen will say, would you like to reply. I've only gotten a text twice while in driving mode. The first time when I was driving and couldn't look at it too closely to see what to do and the second was when my husband was driving and I tried hard to follow the directions so it would work. Volume was on too.
Is the bluetooth on and do you have a bluetooth device connected?

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I occasionally use it when I'm driving, but it can't find places in my directory, only places that can be google-searched, which limits its usefulness to me. If I could say, "navigate to john smith's house" and have it find John Smith in my contacts and look up the home address and go there, I would use it a lot more. I've tried it for calling my husband, but the interface for calling someone with more than one number is awkward, and is more distracting when I drive then just pushing buttons. I don't really text, and it doesn't do anything for emails.

Just şay the persons name and which number say "call John Doe mobile or home or work... Nothing to navigate that way.

I find Moto Assist to be useless in the car. Seems to have major problems with a lot of Bluetooth systems as described two posts above which is weird since Google Now works perfectly over Bluetooth itself. I ended up just replacing it with a third party app for voice text.

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I use it every day for navigation, setting appointments and alarms, and generally looking up things.

I do wish it wouldn't false start so often. There are times that I drive home to find my Moto X is trying to interpret: "Pick a ******* lane, you stupid *******!"