Moto X: *#*#4636#*#* menu?

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I can get access to this testing menu by dialing this code in the dialer, but it seems blocked out not available for the MotoX. Do anyone know how to get to it?

sent via my Le Motonovo X

Last edited by a moderator:

phositadc

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: *#*#4636#*#* menu?

I can get access to this testing menu by dialing this code in the dialer, but it seems blocked out not available for the MotoX. Do anyone know how to get to it?

Use the app LTE OnOff. Says it's for thunderbolt but works perfectly on X.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

PiggyMiddle

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

Using the 4.4. dialer as soon as I put that last "*" in it clears the entry and jumps to the Contacts. It seems with this 1053 I can't even see that menu.

I will try the app mentioned but maybe we don't have LTE. It does show 4G though, but then I am a newbie to smart phones and a lot to learn yet. :)

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Using the 4.4. dialer as soon as I put that last "*" in it clears the entry and jumps to the Contacts. It seems with this 1053 I can't even see that menu.

I will try the app mentioned but maybe we don't have LTE. It does show 4G though, but then I am a newbie to smart phones and a lot to learn yet. :)
The graphic in the status bar isn't the actual network type, if you have a carrier branded device like T-Mobile branded phones, they consider their HSPA as 4G. If you want to be sure, go to Settings -> About phone -> Status, and look under 'Mobile network type'.

Last edited:

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site

The graphic in the status bar isn't the actual network type, if you have a carrier branded device like T-Mobile branded phones, they consider their HSPA as 4G. But on the MotoX, the 4G graphic icon means LTE. If you want to be sure, go to Settings -> About phone -> Status, and look under 'Mobile network type'.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but on unlocked Xs there is both a "4G" icon and a "4Glte" one.

Posted via Android Central App

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but on unlocked Xs there is both a "4G" icon and a "4Glte" one.

Yeah you're right, I need to modify my post. I blame T-Mobile. But the Nexus doesn't lie.

TNScrambler

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

Yes.... I'm using a gsm unlocked moto x on att and when I'm on HSDPA+ it shows 4G...LTE ads the 4Glte monicker

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38