Moto X: Issues with active notifications and Google Now since update

amsparky

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone else is having issues with active notifications our Google Now not working since the latest Verizon update. Nothing else has changed.

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Issues with active notifications and Google Now since update

Got my update early last week, no issues. What's happening to you?

Posted via Android Central App on my Ebony backed Moto X

amsparky

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

I'm not getting my active notifications and Google Now voice commands aren't working at all. :-(

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site

I'm not getting my active notifications and Google Now voice commands aren't working at all. :-(

My Google Now notifications are not displaying on the Active Notifications either.

mapdoc

May 20, 2011
Visit site

I'm not getting my Google Now reminders.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CreightonBarrel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site

I wasn't aware of a Verizon update but GoogleNow (or Google Search) fails to open whenever I attempt to use it on my Droid Razr Maxx. Frustrating.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Try uninstalling all updates to both Active Notifications and Google Search. Clear cache, then update the apps again.

bkn

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

Thank Ry! -- i had this problem and clearing the cache and force stopping it appears to have worked for me, at least for now.

Laineyc

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Try uninstalling all updates to both Active Notifications and Google Search. Clear cache, then update the apps again.

How do you uninstall updates?

Sent from my XT1060 using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

amsparky

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

Thanks for suggestion - quick follow question: what causes this to be necessary? I'm referring to clearing cache and such...

amsparky

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Well, this didn't work, so I'm going to have to call Verizon. So bummed - all other notifications work except texts. Best part of phone too. :-(

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
How do you clear the cache?

Since updating, my Sprint Moto X has stopped searching my contacts. If I type in my husband's name, it looks you that name on the web instead of showing me his contact info. Very frustrating. I'd rather not do a factory reset, any other suggestions would be appreciated.

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
My texts haven't been showing up in active notifications either since the update. I am using textra for text messaging but it worked perfectly before.

Ron Khan

Oct 4, 2013
Visit site
I also use Textra and the same thing happened to me. Uninstall the update to active notifications and reinstall. All should work after that.

Posted via Motorola Motox

mhans311

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
I also use Textra and the same thing happened to me. Uninstall the update to active notifications and reinstall. All should work after that.

Posted via Motorola Motox

I tried that and it still doesn't work. I'm going to use the stock messaging app for a couple days and see what happens.

amsparky

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I got it working again. If thou tried uninstalling updates, you may want to check your Play store settings before you reboot. Mine was set to auto update the app, so it was putting it right back on the phone. I use Textra as well.