- 93 Posts
How do I determine if my phone is SIM-locked to AT&T?
I recently bought a Moto X (love it!) off eBay. The seller isn't responding to my question so I thought there must be some way of knowing this by poking around the 'About Phone' details, but no luck.
Simple question: how do I tell if my phone is SIM-locked to AT&T? I don't have another provider's SIM to put into it and tell, so that method is unfortunately ruled out. (In that case, I'm assuming the phone will just give me an error message and say something to the effect that the SIM I've put in isn't supported?).
Thanks in advance for all your help!
- 04-12-2014, 06:39 AM #2
- 697 Posts
Re: How do I determine if my phone is SIM-locked to AT&T?
I'm not sure there is any other way to check Other than putting another carriers Sim in. I do know that most of the unlocked phones allow you to choose between CDMA and GSM in settings. You could try to see if those settings are available.
Edit: I just checked under mobile networks in settings. There are also options for "network operator" and "select network". They are grayed out on my locked phone but of you were unlocked you would be able to modify those settings probably.
Sent from my XT1060 using AC Forums mobile app
- 04-12-2014, 10:24 AM #3
- By roberttk1967 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1Replies: 4Last Post: 04-24-2014, 12:24 AM
- By Defiant311 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 5Last Post: 04-12-2014, 10:02 PM
- By kronosqq in forum HTC One M8Replies: 1Last Post: 04-12-2014, 01:16 AM
- By biggdogg9 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 1Last Post: 04-12-2014, 12:29 AM
- By ChristyPanda in forum AT&T Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 04-12-2014, 12:27 AM