Moto X: Desktop Dock

mlg2919

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ust getting my Moto X and want a desktop dock. After searching this thread there appears to be 3 docks that can be used, but they all have conflicting reviews. Now that everyone has used the Moto X and docks for a while which one do you recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I've got the Griffin Powerdock at home and work. Highly recommend it. Can be used with many cases. With out a case, a removable rubber insert cradles the phone snuggly.

The only flaw is it needs more heft for easier one-handed use. Though I can still remove my phone one-handed by twisting/jiggling it a bit.

I like using Dayframe to start a slideshow through Android Daydream when docked. Another program like Lucid can enhance Daydream as well.

Sent from my Moto X

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the Motorola Flip Stand. Its not really a charging dock, its more of a stand to hold your device. It can hold it portrait or landscape. You can use any charger to charge your device while its in this stand. In fact you can use this stand for any device. It holds my Moto X & my Nexus 10 securely in portrait or landscape. I've also tried an SGS4, iPhone 5s, Nexus 7, Droid 4 & an HTC One M7. Works perfect for all devices. But, its just a stand. That's all. I find it very useful to securely hold my devices though. I have 3 of the stands. One on my bedside table, one in the kitchen & one in the family room. Amazon had them on sale for $18 when I bought them.

Posted via my Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I have the Motorola Flip Stand. Its not really a charging dock, its more of a stand to hold your device. It can hold it portrait or landscape. You can use any charger to charge your device while its in this stand. In fact you can use this stand for any device. It holds my Moto X & my Nexus 10 securely in portrait or landscape. I've also tried an SGS4, iPhone 5s, Nexus 7, Droid 4 & an HTC One M7. Works perfect for all devices. But, its just a stand. That's all. I find it very useful to securely hold my devices though. I have 3 of the stands. One on my bedside table, one in the kitchen & one in the family room. Amazon had them on sale for $18 when I bought them.

Posted via my Nexus 10 using the totally awesome Android Central App

Can the Motorola Flip Stand activate Daydream on the Moto X?

JMarkyBB

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Lucid Daydream is great, Love the app, rss feeds look great on dim screen when charging, I'm trying to add more feeds but I can't find the correct address for say andriodcentral.com & skynews.com/uknews, can any one assist? Give me any tips on getting correct addresses for other sites ie, Google Reader would have been a perfect source (obviously) but that's a no go, got plenty of RSS readers, but can't seem to be able to find how you would copy & paste an address.<br/>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mostafakhalaf