Saying your lockscreen PIN number via Touchless Control

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone been able to unlock their phone via Touchless Control? I can't get it to work.

For example: I'll say, "OK Google Now, open Spotify" and during the process, it'll prompt me to either say or type my PIN to unlock my phone. But when I say my PIN, nothing happens. Is there some setting that I have to enable?

wolfier

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I have tried the same on my phone and it doesn't work well. However, all hope is not lost - just wait for Android L which has the "personal unlock" feature, which should solve your problem, and then more.

Another question is, why would you want to do that - saying your PIN is extremely bad security practice unless you need to do it due to a physical disability.

Has anyone been able to unlock their phone via Touchless Control? I can't get it to work.

For example: I'll say, "OK Google Now, open Spotify" and during the process, it'll prompt me to either say or type my PIN to unlock my phone. But when I say my PIN, nothing happens. Is there some setting that I have to enable?

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean, "it doesn't work well"? Does it work at all for you?

And it would come in handy when I'm in the car by myself using Touchless Control.

wolfier

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I mean "it too doesn't work at all". When Android L comes along, you can make the phone unlock itself when it connected to your car's BT - so you won't even need to say anything.

clankfu

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I mean "it too doesn't work at all". When Android L comes along, you can make the phone unlock itself when it connected to your car's BT - so you won't even need to say anything.

That won't really help me. My car doesn't have bluetooth.

Anyways, thanks for the confirmation that it doesn't work.

wolfier

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
You can attach any old NFC tag on the dashboard, and then use an NFC device admin app to unlock your phone when NFC is attached. There are a lot of similar solutions when you search for "Tasker Recipes".

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I use it when I'm alone in the car. I'd say it works about 70% of the time. Like most of the touchless commands when I'm I the car

Posted via Android Central App

drew_sf

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I'd say it hears the PIN and unlocks 95% of the time. It has always worked since day 1. Maybe set a different PIN and try again?

hisense

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
You can already use trusted Bluetooth and also at home to keep the phone unlocked in the car and at home---but the phone under trusted Bluetooth will still ask for a pin to complete a task like sms. So you don't have to wait for Android L.

Sadly the voice pin is not so good and Skip or skip dots are a joke...as they are not practical. I really wish Moto would user test more robustly as it makes them look stupid to offer solutions that don't get the job done.....no wonder they are giving Skip away! No informed consumer would buy them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non