I have a water damage and factory repair question, can anyone help?

roces9

Mar 12, 2012
Visit site
Water damage and factory repair question

My Moto X 2013 camera stopped focusing a few months ago. After troubleshooting, factory resetting and talking to customer support, I'm about ready to send it in for a repair under the warranty. This is my first time doing this for a phone, and I want to make sure everything goes smoothly. The warranty is void if my phone has "water damage" and I have concern about that.

Back in the dark ages of flip phones, a sticker behind the battery would change colors if your phone suffered water damage. In the 2000s, I understood that condensation from the air or even perspiration from your pants pocket on a hot day could trip this sticker and that factories could use that as an excuse to void a warranty.

Does this kind of thing still happen? If so, is there any way I can check my phone before sending it in? The last thing I want is to send it in expecting a repaired camera only to find out that it has "water damage."

Thanks,

genkli

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: Water damage and factory repair question

Well there is no 100% telling. But normally if you made sure it dried before sending/contacting them you should be fine, and just hope the best for it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Water damage and factory repair question

Now a days condensation and things like that wouldn't trip that sensor. It only trips if the phone get submerged in water or if you had it opened and got water right onto that sensor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38