Moto X (1st gen): Lollipop Update News

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Moto X (1st gen): Lollipop News

How can it be 5 months late and still be "really early in the process"?

Because the Moto X was one of the first to get KitKat. What people forget is that since the 2013 X came out there have been 2 newer phones released by Motorola so the 2013 X hardly gets top priority for updates. Also, Google's original builds of Lollipop were somewhat of a flop, causing Motorola to skip those (after investing time building their updates for it) and start with 5.1 which was released somewhat later than 5.0. Motorola NEVER said the 2013 X would get Lollipop shortly after release, though this DOES seem to be turning into FROYO for the Droid (the original one). It's such a shame these "flagships" get shoved to the side once they're a year old and have been replaced with a newer model, they deserve SO much better.

It can't be "late" if a release date was never given. That's why they don't give a release date until the soak test has passed muster.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

How long after Motorola is finished will the carriers delay things?
Quit being such a downer! We'll get the updates when all of the parties involved get everything ready for us to have the download. It burns me up when we get some good news about an upcoming update, there has to be those who are still cynical about when we're actually going to get the update. Be glad for any good news we get on any update. I personally want the update but not with bugs in the system. Let them make sure everything's good to go before they push it out to us.

Rant over now. Man I feel better now.

Cindy

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Now the question is, do I have to un-root my DE Verizon Moto X on 4.4.2 (and revert my recovery from TWRP) before I can update to Lollipop?

I would be as stock as possible.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Oh?
When was the last time Moto sent out beta software OTA?

They goofed on a DROID RAZR update once and pushed out an unfinished update.

Some people who aren't soak testers may also receive an update at the same time a soak test is going on.

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site

They goofed on a DROID RAZR update once and pushed out an unfinished update.

Some people who aren't soak testers may also receive an update at the same time a soak test is going on.

Didn't know that.
Well, to me that is strange.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

How ironic would it be if the Moto X (2013) was the first to get Android M this fall? Its like, here ya go....have Lollipop for a little while, we got something else for you.

Just what if our chipset is perfect for Android M, and everyone else's is just a$$ backwards?

Pollster

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Re: The next announcement on Lollipop

Here we go!

No we don't.
It's not late if they haven't announced anything and they haven't announced anything.

This is about that time that I start warning people to keep their shirts on, 'cause this will likely be a long time. I'd love to be wrong, but am putting on my patient hat due to mathematical odds. Been doing Android a while and this sure feels like one of those updates that will have many crying before it finally breaks free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress