Soak test starting for Verizon Moto X (2013)

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It's rolling out, it looks like Verizon gave the go-ahead. Just read the story here on Android Central this morning. My phone is downloading the first of two updates right now. Wish me luck!

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

lonewolfarcher

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
So last night I did both updates. Longest part of each is waiting for the app optimization. Then this morning (by the way I love the look and feel of the update) I noticed terrible battery life and the device was hot. So I thought I would reboot. Turned it off, turned it back on, now it is optimizing apps again?!?!

Kind of frustrating but after all of this I hope the issues (battery life and heat) settle back down.

lonewolfarcher

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
So last night I did both updates. Longest part of each is waiting for the app optimization. Then this morning (by the way I love the look and feel of the update) I noticed terrible battery life and the device was hot. So I thought I would reboot. Turned it off, turned it back on, now it is optimizing apps again?!?!

Kind of frustrating but after all of this I hope the issues (battery life and heat) settle back down.

Answer given in the other thread. Don't reboot while charging (apparently).

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

I haven't noticed heat but I HAVE noticed the battery life. HORRIBLE cell standby usage, top on my chart in fact. See the thread on the official release for my screenshot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty