My biggest disappointment with the Moto X.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
It could also be that they know some people are looking to buy a phone right now and if they wet our appetite with the announcement maybe we will put off buying that other phone and wait for the Moto X or whatever phone it is.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Kenny it's NOT the phones fault that the motorola PR arm can't get its launches right. The launch said the moto x would be available the 26th just like the apple launch.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I have a feeling the phone will be shipping from China this time.

I bet they learned a lot about the most popular configurations of the first gen moto maker and will have many of the most popular variations (white/bamboo for example) pre-made and ready to ship from the US.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I bet they learned a lot about the most popular configurations of the first gen moto maker and will have many of the most popular variations (white/bamboo for example) pre-made and ready to ship from the US.

I thought I heard somewhere that some combos would actually be available in carrier stores, right off the shelf.

ibikeiruniswim

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing the manufactures want the phones out and paid for as soon as possible. I think what happened here is that Apple said we're announcing our new phone on 9/9 so even though they weren't capable of putting phones in hands yet Motorola and Samsung wanted to jump Apple and make their announcements first.

rog152

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Several workers at my local Verizon have not even heard of it, as of today. Whose fault is that. They do however have the free iphone 6 sell going on now/

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused about the logic of saying "out this month" but not stating a specific date? Why spring it on us as a surprise on day...additional blog coverage maybe? I'm really curious here...

Could there be some rule with the carriers where phones aren't allowed to be announced for sale within a certain time of a new iphone? Even if that was true it shouldn't stop motorola from putting it on their site for full price...

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm confused about the logic of saying "out this month" but not stating a specific date? Why spring it on us as a surprise on day...additional blog coverage maybe? I'm really curious here...

Could there be some rule with the carriers where phones aren't allowed to be announced for sale within a certain time of a new iphone? Even if that was true it shouldn't stop motorola from putting it on their site for full price...

Yes, my guess that is pretty likely. Hard for me to remember the past but I would think carriers don't want to announce too many phones at once, esp when they are trying to collect the money on a phone as big as the iPhone.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Several workers at my local Verizon have not even heard of it, as of today. Whose fault is that. They do however have the free iphone 6 sell going on now/

It's not for sale yet for Verizon. I don't expect them to know about it. If their goal is to make the sale today, they can't be too worried about what's coming out tomorrow.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Wait, lenovo bought Motorola?

Though Google purchased that company?

Posted via Android Central App

Lenovo is in the process of buying Motorola from Google. Transaction expected to close before the end of calendar year 2014.

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Wait, lenovo bought Motorola?

Though Google purchased that company?

Posted via Android Central App

Google bought it a few years ago. They got what they wanted apparently(Patents) and are unloading it to Lenovo. It's I believe still waiting for regulatory approval before the sale can go through.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Also Lenovo is a great company! I for one support them. We have laptops and other devices from them and they are great. Not cheap but fairly priced.