Question on curved back

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
I use my phone mostly as a tool and sometimes use it as a calculator when I'm working. My GS3 sits nice and flat on my desk and doesn't move around when punching in numbers, just wondering if anybody has used the Moto X for that and how it does with the curved back. Does it move around too much? Thanks in advance...

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
It moves some without a case. Just enough to be annoying. With the hula bumper case, it is almost unbearable with how much it rocks.

I am sure there are cases that flatten it out though.

Sent from my XT1096

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Um... yeah, let's keep things on topic and not racist and not stupid. Thread has been cleaned. Next time hit the report button instead of engaging on stuff like that. No need to keep escalating.

KevinMoto

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Mine sits quite still because it is sensitive enough that your fingers barely need to touch the screen - You certainly won't be "punching" numbers like a standard 10 key or calculator. There is maybe a slight shake if I tap the numbers or symbols along the very edge too hard, but nothing worth noticing. (Leather back may be a factor) It definitely doesn't rock like a cradle...

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
It rocks a bit of course. I use the calc on mine as well. But only for a minute at a time. If I need one for a longer period I use a dedicated calculator. You can also Google search by voice many calculations and not even touch the phone. Moto voice. The way the phone feels in hand outweighs this little challenge.

An example of voice search in action.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 5909.jpg
    5909.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited by a moderator:

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Thanks all, getting closer to a decision between the X and the Turbo. This helps. Getting ready to ditch the S3, can't wait.